Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

EB4 S2 fails to Accelerate correctly

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

EB4 S2 fails to Accelerate correctly

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:35 AM
leshill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EB4 S2 fails to Accelerate correctly

Hi All,

I’ve got a EB4 S2 and have just finished breaking it in having ran five tanks of fuel through and made the final adjustments to the high needle until such time as the smoke stop and performance starts to degrade and then wound it back 1/8th. However we’ve noticed that when we send the car off and then start to accelerate in a straight line there is a three second delay between me apply the signal from the transmitter to the car responding at the engine. When the car finally goes we’ve also noticed if you try and turn during a acceleration cycle the acceleration stops but the turn continues. The car idels with no problem and does not cut out.

Thing’s we’ve tried:-

New batteries in both transmitter and car.
Used a different transmitter but with the same crystals.
While not under load and the wheels off the ground the acceleration works fine.
With no engine running the accelerator solenoid works fine.
I've removed the failsafe circuit.

Please can anybody give me any other ideas?
Old 12-27-2004, 05:39 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Default RE: EB4 S2 fails to Accelerate correctly

Have you tried seting the LSN. Thats the needle that sets the off the line rasponse and the one I recommend setting first. It can be found in the end of the slide valve, normally accesible from the radio box side.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:21 AM
smoothound

Default RE: EB4 S2 fails to Accelerate correctly

If it's an RTR I found the standard servos in mine were rubbish and barely up to the job. I didn't get your problem though but if the steering servo is pulling loads of current it could make the throttler servo sluggish. On mine I broke the gears without actually hitting anything.

First things I changed on mine was steering servo and got a 5 cell pack to replace the RTR stuff.