Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

XTM X-Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
CESchroedter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM X-Terminator

My son and I both have this vehicle (not the pro series) and have enjoyed them tremendously. We have started to race them at nearby tracks but, being very new at this are having a rough start. Have not figured out what certain sounds mean, such as a broken clutch spring could affect the tuning to keep it running and so on....We have added on many extras such as larger cooling heads, 2 speed transmission, carbin shock towers, new exhaust and headers, not to mention all the tires we've been through. We love this vehicle and wonder why we don't see it offered at any other Hobby Shops besides the one we use ( gerbersrc.com ) or see it at any of the track we have visited.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:22 AM
JNS

Default RE: XTM X-Terminator

the supplier (globalhobby) has their own chain of hobby stores... their reluctant to sell it at a price to others that'd make it as cheap as the hobby people price, and that translates into the shop charging the same price for an X-C RTR as an AE GT, Mammoth-Revo
on the racing note, it would likely be better to stick with the single speed, the 2-speed gets rid of the center diff, without that diff that makes for more stress on the rest of the drivetrain
Old 12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
R/c Guy

does anyone know the home web site of XTM Racing? I am thinking about getting their new Monster Buggy (Only weeks old). What do you guys think about it? Do you have any ideas or opinions about it? Thanks.
See Ya,
Sam
Old 12-27-2004, 08:16 PM
JNS

heres [link=http://xtm.globalhobby.com]their site[/link] but they still dont have anything up for their 1/5th scale, and the XLB forum has rescently been put up but no individual page for either
Old 12-27-2004, 08:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I'd rather have the X-T than the XLB...the XLB is just extra weight over the X-T, but the SH .28 ROCKS!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:14 AM
CESchroedter

Not so sure about your statement of Global having their own retailers, because the shop we use is not on "their" list yet he stocks all the parts we could ever use and on the price issue, sold us our cars at a lower price than we could even find anywhere on-line. Now I do agree on the price of the parts, they are more expensive than buying for a monster truck that he has such as the Savage. Maybe my shop guy "Dale" knows someone at Global, you never know? On the 2 speed transmission statement about being too hard on the drive train, is this by experience that you say this?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 AM
JNS

the 2-speed was by word-of-mouth, talked to guys on a few forums and a couple LHS's

and hobby people is owned by globalhobby
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Haldir

CE, I wouldn't worry about the drivetrain on your X-T it is built well.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:46 PM
CESchroedter

Will do Freedom, sure wish there were more of us driving the X-Term.'s, would be great to exchange ideas and stories as well as some head to head competition. I'll keep an eye out for y'all, lol.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Haldir

Here is my X-Ternimator Pro

Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 AM
CESchroedter

Pic did not come through Freedom, need to take some pics of my Term as well.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Haldir

ORIGINAL: CESchroedter

Pic did not come through Freedom, need to take some pics of my Term as well.
Here's my community web page, view from there.

http://community.webshots.com/album/227297998SddBAS
Old 12-29-2004, 02:22 PM
rustler 1

im not sure about what you all are saying but hobbypeople.net witch has 21 stores in CA and nevada is owner or part owner of xtm. hobbypeople.net is my LHS and i go there all the time and they have every part that xtm makes in there in stock all the time. i just bought my x-terminator and is the 2 speed worth it? CESchroedter because im confused on wether it leads to problems in diffs and stuff. If you can also email me and tell me what parts are worth it and maybe i will get it right this time with the buggy.

[email protected]
Old 12-29-2004, 10:17 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

IMO unless you're racin, the 2 speed would be a worthwhile upgrade, I'm plannin on gettin one when i replace my current X-T with a Pro. I'm not sure how rules for 1/8 buggy classes in your area go, so it might be legal if ya race. course, if ya race, you probably ain't drivin an X-T:P
Old 01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
tthomp113

got a Xt also. Love it. No problems yet. Had it a year.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:05 AM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

how fast are these with the single speed, im thinking about getting a deluxe myself but they dont have pivot ball adjustment so some think I should stay away. Thing is, it seems like a really good basher and I will without a doubt be doin a lil bashing

Not sure.....still having trouble deciding...

also this has been out for some time.....will there me something newer, cheaper, better, etc ....just the progression of any product...they get better and less expensive.

any input let me know
THANKS
Old 01-04-2005, 02:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I'm not sure how fast MINE goes, but holy crap does it hurt when you run into your foot at WOT
Old 01-04-2005, 03:15 AM
jt16757

[&o] I am ine the process of waiting for a XTM buggy pro and noy its driving me crazy! I think they are 45 stock and My LHS buddy jas his at almost 70 mph. Pretty insane because its hard to control...
Old 01-04-2005, 06:46 AM
JNS

mine radar'd stock at 46 mph and that pivot ball isnt a real issue when your driving at WOT and run into your neighbors car [>:]
Old 01-04-2005, 07:39 PM
tthomp113

pivot ball is nice extra adjust to race. Mt XTM does about 40. Geared for bottom end though.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:23 PM
CESchroedter

Son and I recently bought 2, 1 for each of our terminators, and both stripped the low gear (50 tooth) with 2 days. Talked to our local hobby shop whick called a tech at Global and was told that if dirt gets into the gears, this will strip them. Well.......you have to trim the bottom plate for the gears to fit in the first place and since this is a 4wd off road buggy, how are you supposed to keep dirt out. You can only replace the plastic gear with another plastic gear according to our hobby guy because there is no alternative at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, don't want to be changing out gears every other time we go out to race. Charles
Old 01-05-2005, 04:48 AM
jt16757

Hello guys, I want to know what the main differences are between the xterminator rtr and the pro? I am in the market of getting one but not sure which one to get. I have seen an rtr version and hobby people and my question is the bump box really needed? This will be my first nitro/pull start. I have a Tmaxx2.5. Is the after run process the same as the Tmaxx? is it safe to assume to treat the after run process the same across all nitro engines? I appreciate all the input. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 AM
JNS

mostly if your going to put it up for a week, run out the fuel, then put a little oil in the engine
RTR vs. the Pro, the Pro has allot more carbon fiber where the RTR has a cheap aluminum, and a 7075 chassis, better tuned pipe, but no engine/radio, granted the RTRs radio is kinda.... junky but the .247 is hella fun heh the PRO overall is a much better value, the hop ups alone cost more than the buggy does
and as for metal geared 2-speed, there are a couple rumors that XTM may release a set but no official word yet [&o]
Old 01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
jt16757

Hello JNS, do you have pis of the buggy I would like to see how they look. Thanks! Pls. Email to [email protected]
Old 01-05-2005, 05:03 PM
CESchroedter

JNS, I sure do hope so on the metal 2 speed. would make a great improvement I would hope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.