Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Fuel lines length?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Engrose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel lines length?

I have noticed that there are a big difference between the lenght of the fuel lines. What is the ideal length of these? And what is the reason for the long ones?

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: Fuel lines length?

The main difference in fuel pipe lenght is for when you roll the buggy over it still has enough fuel in the pipes to keep the engine running untill it is turned back on its wheels............pipes that are short give you less running when upside down but if you race your buggy you might have a slight chance of holding more fuel in the tank and pipes to give more run time.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 PM
JamesJenkins

Yep i agree with what was said above, but i think your pressure line shouldnt be too long because it takes longer for the pressure to build up or something....im not sure but i think thats right.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:47 PM
smoothound

I agree but the stuff about the pressure line is a white elephant

If you are racing, once the engine is running it takes minimal time for the tank to pressurise and the only time I can see it coming into play is at fuel stops because by the time you get away at the start the engine has been running long enough to get to full pressure but when you refuel and get dumped back in the pit lane you may not have got back to full pressure.

Bashing it may make a difference if you start the car with a part tank of fuel cos then it has to half fill the tank to get to working pressure but that's it.

I guess one of the Pros will come and shoot me down now but hey I'm a newish basher so who cares