Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Bought a used JP engine.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Tower2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a used JP engine.

I bought a used pinched JP 21 engine, and he said the outer bearing was new. I mounted the flywheel and found that there was quit a bit of play. I can move the crankshaft in and out appr. 1mm by moving the flywheel in and out, and sideways there is a little bit of play. Will this engine last or should I demand the money in return? Thanks in advance for replies...
Old 08-13-2005, 04:16 PM
q8

Default RE: Bought a used JP engine.

why dont u change the bearing
Old 08-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Tower2

The point is that he said it had new front bearing and the engine is not in the condition he said it was. The bearing cannot be new because of this play and it is a bit rusted.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Hellmutt

Was this some guy at the track who sold it to you? if it cost you alot confront him, if he gave it to you for cheap (any engine used enough for someone to pawn it off at the track will be less in less than ideal condition and should be sold for real cheap) then either replace the bearing or throw it in your tool box and shake your fist in the air!
Old 08-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Tower2

It is a guy I came in contact with via a forum like this in Norway, in for sale adds... This guy imports and sell new JP engines as well. This was one that he had used himself and it was suppused to be in good shape he said. He had just pinched and changed bearing on it and he said that it was in very good shape.

I paid almost half the price of a new engine for it. Way to much it seems. But I will demand that I get my money back from him and never buy second hand again. I have learned my lesson...[&o]
Old 08-13-2005, 09:50 PM
MassiveMods

well you will get a little play front to rea maybe .25mm but not side to side if the bearing is new... and once you pinch a sleeve its never the same .. i bought a second hand engine ... it was great for about 3 litres then all hell broke loose.. lucky i build and mod engines , it was fun and expensive to get it to run well again... JP's are a little over rated... The Picco 21 is good, get it new for les than a second hand JP
Old 08-13-2005, 10:28 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Tower2
you ever bump into my budy Ronny Arnesen around any of the tracks/races is Norway?
if you do tell him Adam says hello & i will call him soon
Old 08-14-2005, 07:11 AM
pro_steve

my jp con rod just snapped
Old 08-14-2005, 08:59 AM
pro_steve

is jp engines made by jp force or ofna because whenever i search for the parts it comes up with ofna and they have the parts
Old 08-14-2005, 08:10 PM
MassiveMods

Ofna are a distributor. They will put their name on the parts. EG Ofna Picco. this is an italian made engine by Picco distributed by ofna