Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RB Econo 3port..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 10:11 PM
brokeneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB Econo 3port..

your opinions on this motor please...(good or bad)

Im thinking of putting it in my sp1...

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....oducts_id=2870
Old 08-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Kemo

Default RE: RB Econo 3port..

I have NO experience with RB engines, but I am going to ask questions anyways. Do you plan to get really involved in racing? or do you plan on bashing and causal racing?

You might want to antee in more money for a engine that has more grunt and speed if you plan on racing a bit. Like i said before, i have no experience with the engines. For all i know, that econo version could keep up with the best and the rest.

Might I recommend a S5 or S7II by RB?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
brokeneck

ORIGINAL: rccars411

I have NO experience with RB engines, but I am going to ask questions anyways. Do you plan to get really involved in racing? or do you plan on bashing and causal racing?

You might want to antee in more money for a engine that has more grunt and speed if you plan on racing a bit. Like i said before, i have no experience with the engines. For all i know, that econo version could keep up with the best and the rest.

Might I recommend a S5 or S7II by RB?

Yeah I'll just be racing, club races(state race this weekend), I was checking on prices on the o.s. v-spec and others when I came across this mill on ace for 169 and was just curious if it was any good, as I've never even heard of it before. Yeah, I'll probally be saving up for alittle longer and buying a v-spec or something..I just thought maybe this would pack a punch like the big dawgs..thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 12:13 PM
CB1

its ok but if you want to do any good get a nova P5X its awesome or a vspec
Old 08-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Kemo

brokeneck, what was the end result of your other engine? mind if you post pics to show what can happen by running without an air filter? I know it happened in a crash, but its a good example to show some of the newer folks in R/C
Old 08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
EB4man

if your going to race... save the dough for a little while longer.... forget the econo 3-port... your going to be running against some serious engines...unless your a national ranked driver... your gonna need a good engine. A stock RB WS7II will blow the doors off a modded P5...its fact... and its much more drivable.. in my eyes...the WS7II is one of the best of the best for the money... or theres the other S7 wich is slightly cheaper and theres the C5.. You'll need something along that line if your racin'
Old 08-15-2005, 04:55 PM
brokeneck

brokeneck, what was the end result of your other engine? mind if you post pics to show what can happen by running without an air filter? I know it happened in a crash, but its a good example to show some of the newer folks in R/C

I would but yesterday I took it to my lhs and my buddy there will be doing it for me..If its ruined..I'll defenitly get some pics up! Im hoping its not ruined because of the state race this weekend and Im going to need a motor! I have a back up picco .21 but its been pinched and Im afraid it wont be able to hang with the others....Im keeping my fingers crossed that the xtm v2.1 it ok..

if your going to race... save the dough for a little while longer.... forget the econo 3-port... your going to be running against some serious engines...unless your a national ranked driver... your gonna need a good engine. A stock RB WS7II will blow the doors off a modded P5...its fact... and its much more drivable.. in my eyes...the WS7II is one of the best of the best for the money... or theres the other S7 wich is slightly cheaper and theres the C5.. You'll need something along that line if your racin'
thanks EB4, Yea I bet the ws7II is a sick motor man..theres a guy at my track with one but he just got it broke in for this weekends race.. I got enough dough right now for a serious motor but unfortunatly its for my van payment..and I'll be damned if its not burning a hole in my pocket right now[>:]...lol..O well, I should have enough next mounth for a nice motor..(if infact my xtm is fu-bared)

thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 AM
q8

the first thing is whats the size of the track as the ws7ii is a topend motor plus it lacks of lowend and if you want a greatmotor allaround go with anything related to the p5 such as the jp B5 max M5 you cant go wrong with any of them
Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 AM
EB4man

LOL.. The WS7II as all the low end 1 could ask for, any more low end is just tire spin....just use an 086 pipe with long header!! trust me
Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
brokeneck

ORIGINAL: q8

the first thing is whats the size of the track as the ws7ii is a topend motor plus it lacks of lowend and if you want a greatmotor allaround go with anything related to the p5 such as the jp B5 max M5 you cant go wrong with any of them
heres my track...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82696.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	310929  
Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Kemo

Hmm, if only our local track was like that.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:47 PM
CB1

an rb ws7II would good for that track b/c of its mid top characteristics and by the way the ws7II is a really good motor but it will never have the low-end like a P5 and low-end is tire spin if you dont have your car setup right
Old 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Kemo

In the next posts (sorry if i m hijacking a thread, but it should help decide what engine you'll want), what would you guys suggest for an all around engine? Some of them are perfect for small tracks, some are perfect for big... which one is best overall?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Nitromitry

I would GO for the RB WS7 II, Trust me you woun't be sorry. If you play with the pipes and clutch springs, you can make it work for ant track!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
brokeneck

In the next posts (sorry if i m hijacking a thread, but it should help decide what engine you'll want), what would you guys suggest for an all around engine? Some of them are perfect for small tracks, some are perfect for big... which one is best overall?

Thats a good question 411....
This will make for a good rc magazine review...like the buggy cage match...they could put the top of the line(most demanded motors) in the same kind of buggy give their reviews on each...
Old 08-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Kemo

I am curious too. I am looking for a ride for next season and a mill to take me somewhere. Suggestions are great!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Hellmutt

ORIGINAL: EB4man

On tight tracks with lots of jumps, the p5 is going to be a better performer than the ws7II. The ws7II is a great engine but it doesnt produce near as much torque as a p5. On wide open tracks the ws7II shines, its an amazingly fast engine. Everyone I've seen guzzles fuel pretty fast though. If you are looking for a cheap replacement that is a great performer you cant overlook the SH pt2004xb. This engine is more like a ws7II than a p5. I got mine for $150 to get me through this season because a top name like novarossi or rb wasn't in my budget this year. I cant speak to its reliability only because Ive only had it for a month now but SH is a good engine maker that has a great reputation in the rc plane area. Its a surprisingly aggressive engine given its price point. If it lasts me awhile, I may go back to SH for my next mill for another great bargain.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:31 AM
EB4man

when the WS7II is tuned right....it takes off like a rocket ship... when your racing on the track, where is the engine running the most?... definately not off idle where the torque is.... the key to a WS7II's bottom end is a late clutch engagement. Its nice to have the power to run down just about anything on the straights...as far as traction goes...the car can be set-up perfect but your still gonna get tire spin... if you can't spin the tires.... you don't have enough power. I can goose it and send a roost flying in any condition with any set-up...and its not a one wheel wonder either!!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
NetMaster

P5X, best all around buggy engine hands down
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Hellmutt

Here come the fanboys!
Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
q8

if ur looking for all around engine the Jp B8T would be the best crazy power all around it will eat anything that trys to run next 2 it