Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper TQ and Hyper 7 pro differences

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper TQ and Hyper 7 pro differences

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:52 PM
motohead279

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper TQ and Hyper 7 pro differences

Sup guys, I think I have narrowed it down to the Hyper TQ and pro. One is $220 and the other $395. I really can't find much info on the TQ. I will drive this thing mostly for fun, as I don't see myself having the time for racing. But I want a reliable car, fast, fun car, that maybe has a few cool parts. Is there a big difference in the $175 worth of parts there?

For those who have or had, or have experience with them, let me know whats on your minds.

I plan on putting a speedwerks .26, jammin' pipe in it.

Thanks..
Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
rc car CRAZY

Default RE: Hyper TQ and Hyper 7 pro differences

If u tell us how much money you will be spendin alltogether there are even better cars to be had.

Ben
Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
motohead279

i realize that there are better cars out there. I don't want to get too crazy though. Just want a decent car and I want to stay in the $500 range. I looked at the Jammin', but after motor, exhaust, other tidbits, it's really more than I want to spend. Things can get expensive real quickly, I know, from racing motocross for over 15 years. Just wanted to know if the extra $175 was worth it.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:46 PM
ttr_dude

hi buddy there is alot of difference between the tq and pro !, what 1 are you after pro-r or pcr pro im pretty sure they both come w/o engine elecs etc, but you say you'll only been using it for bashing so then id defo say the tq would suit you , the tq in the uk here is a rtr but not to sure of the tq in the states,

hope this helps good luck both are great cars

also have you thought about other rtr packages such as the pbs

TD
Old 08-16-2005, 03:00 PM
motohead279

thanks for the responses guys. I actually just ordered the [link=http://www.ofna.com/hyper7pro.html]Hyper Pro[/link] I also ordered the force .28 engine for it. I wanted a kit becasue I think half the fun is working on them and building them, plus I already have a controller, so I didn't want an RTR. I plan on hitting a track when I can, but between running my own business and racing motocross, time is hard to come by these days. Should be here by the weekend. Just need to read up on newbie stuff like break-in, motor maintenance, and cleaning techniques, etc. Wan't to learn as much as possible as I can on here.

I have been racing motorcross for 16+ years and do all the work on my bikes, both dirt and street, so this should be fun.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Where on God's green earth did you find an H7 pro for $395?

$450ish everywhere i've seen, and $240 for the H7 TQ.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:27 PM
motohead279

well, when I was talking to one of the guys at Nitrohouse getting prices for the car, engine, etc... he quoted me $395 for the kit. I called back and another guy said it was $425, that the RTR was $395. I told the sales guy thats what I was quoted and he knew I was talking about the kit because I told him I needed an engine for it too. Also, Acehardwarehobbies has the kit advertised for $399. So he gave it to me for $395. I heard a lot of good stuff on here about Nitro house, so I wanted to do business with them, wasn't trying really to lowball anyone, just what I was quoted. I even asked the first guy the price like 3 times.

I own my own business doing custom home theater/camera surveillance systems, and customers always want to try to get stuff for cheaper than I can get it for, so I never try to lowball companies, but if they say they will beat anyones price then I will take the offer.

I will be doing a lot of business with Nitrohouse, they seem like good people.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:40 PM
PATchy

yeah they are, very reliable and cool, always have what i want in stock and always at a good price
Old 08-17-2005, 12:39 AM
REVO3.3

If your interested in another good company- www.pph-racing.com.
I ordered my .30 collari from them. Isaw their ads on ebay for the .30 @ 230.00.
I called them up and they sold me the engine for 299.00 with the rotostart backplate.
I just looked on the site but didnt see the tq though.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: motohead279

well, when I was talking to one of the guys at Nitrohouse getting prices for the car, engine, etc... he quoted me $395 for the kit. I called back and another guy said it was $425, that the RTR was $395. I told the sales guy thats what I was quoted and he knew I was talking about the kit because I told him I needed an engine for it too. Also, Acehardwarehobbies has the kit advertised for $399. So he gave it to me for $395. I heard a lot of good stuff on here about Nitro house, so I wanted to do business with them, wasn't trying really to lowball anyone, just what I was quoted. I even asked the first guy the price like 3 times.

I own my own business doing custom home theater/camera surveillance systems, and customers always want to try to get stuff for cheaper than I can get it for, so I never try to lowball companies, but if they say they will beat anyones price then I will take the offer.

I will be doing a lot of business with Nitrohouse, they seem like good people.
sweet, thanks for the heads up.

maybe I'm not gonna get the TQ after all if Ace has it for $399...
Old 08-17-2005, 06:47 AM
everspeed

Tower has the TQ for 239. Are you talking about the pro or TQ?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 AM
motohead279

the pro
Old 08-17-2005, 05:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

talkin about the pro, i know that Tower's got the TQ for $240, and i'm not about to go pay another $160 somewhere else for it