Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 21 engine probs

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
ohara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 21 engine probs

im haveing trouble with my engine it starts but strugles to go them bursti in to live then stops then struggles then dies what are the settings its at 3 and a half at the me
ps its a slide carb hope you guys can hepl tnx
Old 08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Jammin Jake

Default RE: hyper 21 engine probs

Ive had the same problem, but ive heard alotof ppl say the hyper 21 8 port is a pice of crap on the bottom end. It spits and sputters on the bottom but when wining out the thing is a beats. It just keeps goin, thats why im going to use my force 25 on dirt and hyper 8 port for our oval asphault. As far as settings go im not sure, i think its suppose to run lean. But dont make any rash decisions acording to me.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
everspeed

You guys both are suffering from tunning issues. With the right clutch shoes, springs, fuel and glow plug, the Hyper 21 8port will burn a Force .25 or .26 on bottom end, and top. There's about three guys at the track with the force .26, and my 21 8-port will blow 'em away. I radared one of the guy's buggy, with a Force .26, and a 16 tooth clutch bell. He topped out at 32 MPH, with a conservative tune. We could probably get 35 if we tuned it to the max. And my Hyper, with a 14 tooth clutch would consistantly pull 40, with two passes at 42 MPH. And all the while, accelerating much quicker.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:52 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

The Hyper 8 port is a good engine. The carb is the problem. The needles seem to have o-ring issues, mostly the MSN. You either need to rebuild the carb often or replace it with a OS 20e carb.
I used a OS 20e carb in mine and it ran great and holds a tune.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:34 PM
hyper701

how much is the os 20e carb and what were the needle settings

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

The Hyper 8 port is a good engine. The carb is the problem. The needles seem to have o-ring issues, mostly the MSN. You either need to rebuild the carb often or replace it with a OS 20e carb.
I used a OS 20e carb in mine and it ran great and holds a tune.