Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

STICKING P5X(N) CARB

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:46 AM
POOTIDDY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STICKING P5X(N) CARB

I've just helped a "BUD" of mine break in his new REX P5XN motor and ran into something I've never seen in the 8 or so P5's I've had in the last couple of years. His slide carb is sticking like crazy. It has a major bind sliding in and out. The throttle linkage is square to the slide(pulling straight), the endpoint(EPA) is set correctly only pulling open to where the carb just opens fully. Taken it apart to check for burs...smooth as a baby's "ARSE". Has anyone else ran into this on the new(or old) series of P5's? Waiting on a new carb, but this is frustrating with this being a new motor. I told him this is just a fluke because I've never seen this on any of MY motors.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Frantic

Default RE: STICKING P5X(N) CARB

check that the small plastic block on the servo arm is not to tight it should spin freely. This can cause the slde to stick.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

i had 1 of my 5's do that and it had a burr on the "slide" i took emery cloth to it and got it off. check the barrel for scratches (fine) if they are there then thats the prob. when i re-installed mine i put some after run oil on it to smoothe it out. clean it VERY well before you put it back in....
Old 08-18-2005, 11:08 AM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

what zzman said...

take it out and smooth out the burs on the barrel...