Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

NEW SHOCKS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Hi8iS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW SHOCKS?

Hello I am new to the 1/8 scale buggy world. I just picked up my first buggy a storm rtr used. I plan on mainly bashing and jumpimg the buggy, also taking it to the local skate parks. I know I am going to need new shocks. wich ones are recomended? How are the shock bodies from the Storm Pro? Also, wich other ares would be highly recomended thatr I improve through aftermarket parts for durrability. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 AM
PATchy

Default RE: NEW SHOCKS?

there's no need to buy new shocks unless the ones you have are broken, try stiffer springs and thicker oils

but if you do need new shocks try the ones on the ttr-s3, i got to see the buggy for the first time at rcx and those shocks are pretty awesome, very smooth, i don't know if they have any problems though so you should ask some ttr owners about those but they look pretty good to me
Old 08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi8iS

Thanks for the help. I can get the Storm Pro shock bodies for about $20. I was just wondering if it was worth the money. Does anyone have the Pro Shocks, and have they used the RTR shocks? Are they much better. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
MONTFJ40

I would not recommend the pro shocks. Not significantly better than the rtr versions. I'd recommend some kyosho,mugen, or ttr shocks. Pro shocks don't seal well, and simply, in my opinion, wouldn't be worth the time or money
Old 08-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi8iS

Thanks for the help. I think I will go for the Mugens when I brake or bend mine.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

it's break. brake is what stops the car. the only thing you will bend is the shock shaft, and those are cheap to replace. like 4-5 buxa pair
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 AM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

kyosho shocks.. the gs shocks sucks nutz...