Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

engine problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:03 PM
methodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine problems...

Hi all,

got a force .28 had a few probs during break in it just kept cutting out after 1/3rd throttle or so, took it to the local model shop, they sorted it, it was a leak in the carb plus they set the linkages and brakes etc and they tested it i picked it up last week. Had the first tank back with it tonight, starts fine, just any throttle at all, the smallest amount and it stalls, let her idle/ warm up for a few mins then you can pull off slowly BUT really only with the glow starter still on, then its ok untill 1/2 throttle, then splutters& make noices like its lean, and cuts out....its only about 1/2 turn in from factory on the hsn though......

its only 4 tanks old with and run on o`donnel 20% with the 1st glow plug too

any ideas?

thanks, aaron
Old 08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine problems...

it sounds like it might be set a fair bit on the rich side to me?

its very hard to diagnose a running fault over the net, but i'd just get a screwdriver & start twiddling, if its lean they genarally rev up quite a bit & get hot very quickly!
the symptoms you describe sound like a rich setting, hard to tell??

good luck

oh yeah might be worth checking the carb for blockages etc take the High speed needle right out & pump some fuel through that should flush out anything that shouldn't be in there & check the pressure nipple on the exhaust isn't blocked, this obviously wont make it run rich but wont help matters at all
Old 08-18-2005, 03:47 AM
methodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine problems...

thanks matey, i`ll give that a try, failing that i`ll throw the darn buggy into a wall, then drive over it....thats about how i`m feeling about it!

regards aaron