Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Need help on a buggy decision!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
houseplant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on a buggy decision!

Alright guys i need to noe wut kind of buggy to get because im tired of my t-maxx and im looking to race. i like the kyosho inferno mp777 sp2 and i also like the CEN matrix also i seen/heard good things about mugen so i need to noe if these r good buggies and wut is mugens best buggy. i also would like to get a kit so thx in advance and if u didnt see it before i would to like to race wit the buggy
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM
killabud

Default RE: Need help on a buggy decision!

DO SEARCH! DO SEARCH! DO SEARCH! DO SEARCH!'
Old 08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
ttr_dude

hey there, have you considered the THUNDER TIGER S3 ?, i have just purchased one and dam there are so sweet, right ive never had a mugen but there are the mbx5 and i think the prospec out of these i suppose the prospec is better,

have you only chose these two or would you like to consider about another buggy such as hyper 7's, would you want a kit or would you consider a rtr buggy package such as the hyper 7 pbs

TTR_DUDE
Old 08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
killer89
My Feedback: (-1)

my opinion in order:

1. Ofna Jammin X1 CR
2. Mugen MBX5 Prospec
3. Kyosho 777 SP2

why did i put the ofna in front of the other two? because parts are cheap and the car can hang with the both of them... especially through the rough stuff...

kyosho is last IMHO because the parts are way overpriced...
Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
maxxedout8

^^very true^^. I've had all three of those buggies and Mugen parts are hard to find, Kyosho is based in Japan but they are finally setting up a USA HQ so prices are imports and super expensive, and OFNA Jammin is right here in the USA. The Jammin is a great buggy for the money and is durable if you are not so perfect of a racer.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: maxxedout8

^^very true^^. I've had all three of those buggies and Mugen parts are hard to find, Kyosho is based in Japan but they are finally setting up a USA HQ so prices are imports and super expensive, and OFNA Jammin is right here in the USA. The Jammin is a great buggy for the money and is durable if you are not so perfect of a racer.
The Jammin is from Taiwan.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: houseplant

Alright guys i need to noe wut kind of buggy to get because im tired of my t-maxx and im looking to race. i like the kyosho inferno mp777 sp2 and i also like the CEN matrix also i seen/heard good things about mugen so i need to noe if these r good buggies and wut is mugens best buggy. i also would like to get a kit so thx in advance and if u didnt see it before i would to like to race wit the buggy
Two weeks ago you started a similar thread
Old 08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
1CE

if you have a local hobby shop get the buggy they stock parts for. i have a mayhem and i love it but above all make shure you can get parts!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
rolandh21

Get an xray, they have the best customer service by far, and every part is available on there site and will be at your door as fast as you want them. If you have any questions email them and you will get a reply in literally minutes. I tell you this now, i run against mugens, kyosho's, ofna's, not thunder tigers though and they are all basically the same, i don't care what anyone says unless your name is jared tebo, you will be just as competitve with any of the big three. So get which one you like, but i tell you to go xray. The damn xray buggy and parts look so nice its like a work of art.