Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Maintenance Regime???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Savage Unlimited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance Regime???

Ok, I am probably one of quite a few newbies to nitro RC that comes to this forum for hints and tips and I have learned tons so far. Now one part of nitro I find quite daunting is the maintenance aspect, I have no idea where to begin and where too end, this is why I would like too ask you pro's out there if you could maybe make a list of the maintenance regimes you use I am sure it would not only be greatly appreciated by me but by quite a few other newbies out there.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:54 AM
fishboy

Default RE: Maintenance Regime???

I'm pretty new myself, but these links are helpful.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3236201/tm.htm

Please add any that you have come accross.

Personally I tend to go overboard on maintenance, but then I bought a nitro largely for the tinker aspect. I tend to run my buggy only a few times before I take the majority of it apart and do a thorough cleaning and lube. Basically it just gives me something to do in front of teh tv and it also helps get me familiar with my buggy. I'm sure that the frequency of these tear downs will decrease over time.

One thing that I do make sure is taken care of after every run is engine maintenance. Clean your cooling head and the header after you run (make sure the engine is cool). This has two benefits. A clean cooling head will cool your engine more efficiently, but possibly more importantly it will make sure that when you take the glow plug out to add after run oil you don't get any sand or grit in the cylinder. I've recently started using simple green to clean much of my buggy. One problem is that it needs to be rinsed off, which means water. Make sure you are liberal with the WD40 after celaning the buggy and if you have the time take your wheels off and clean your bearings. Rust is bad.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:53 AM
SKYLINE350GT

What is a Maintenance Regime? Is that part of the new gov't we are establishing in Iraq?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
tonytiger

i think he meant regiment instead of regime.....as usual sky your all over it
ORIGINAL: SKYLINE350GT

What is a Maintenance Regime? Is that part of the new gov't we are establishing in Iraq?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
SKYLINE350GT

Of Course! Did you expect anything less?

ORIGINAL: motopro

Old 08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
tonytiger

lol .....no everthing is exactley like expected

Of Course! Did you expect anything less?

ORIGINAL: motopro