Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

7.5 to Kanai 3 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Titaniumracingtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.5 to Kanai 3 suspension

I was wondering if anyone knew all the names of the parts I will need to convert my standard 7.5 suspension to a Kanai 3 suspension setup. I've looked on the forum but I cant find a list of all the parts needed. Thank you for your help.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:59 PM
SManMTB

Default RE: 7.5 to Kanai 3 suspension

I am not sure exactly comes with the standard kit but I'll try to help out. I assume you mean towers, shocks, arms, turnbuckles and stuff.

Front tower: IFW145
2 x Front upper arm: IFW137B
2 x turn buckle for camber adj: IFW123
2 x turn buckles for toe adjustment: IFW150
Front C-hub 22deg: IFW139
Front shocks: IFW140
Fr Blue Springs: IFW032BL

Rear tower: IFW121BL
3deg rear suspention plates: IFW132 + IFW124B
Rear shocks: IFW149
rear blue springs: IFW033BL
2 x Rear turn buckle: IFW124

If you can't find the Kanai III shocks you can use the ones for the 777 SP1. The fronts are the same but the rear ones are a bit longer but they fit.
I think this is it.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Titaniumracingtiger

Thanks bro! That's exactly what I was looking for. One more question. I heard they revised the suspension arms on either the Kanai 2 or 3. Do I need these to work with the new C hubs?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
SManMTB

The part no of the front lower suspension arm on the Kanai II is IF122, on the Kanai III it's IF122C. I think that is only a material change or an evolution of the part and no change in the geometry.

For the rear the part number for the arm on the Kanai II is the same as the front (!!???). Same goes for the Kanai III. I think they are sold together, that's why.

I don't know what the part number on the standard kit is but I think those are the same. Can you check with your manual?
If you mean the front upper arms then yes they need to be changed to fit the 22 deg hub. The KIII kit comes with 2 sets of arms, one for the 20 deg and one for the 22 deg set. Someone please correct me. Looking at my kits that's what I can see. I've never used the 20 deg hub muself, it's still in the parts box.