Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Mugen Pro Spec

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Dsavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Pro Spec

Hi all,

Scenario:-

I picked up a used Mugen MBX5 Pro spec today, (Only done 2 meetings, i know this for sure as i know the guy). He's sold it due to his new love for mini Motos and his need to recupe some of the expense??

I got the car, shinny new (few scratches on the chassis but no more than can be expected from our track surface unfourtunatley?)
Complete titanium screw set through out
I also got a Futaba 3VC radio + 5 sets of crystals & R133f receiver
2 X futaba servos 9351
Personal Transponder (it's had the lugs cut of it though)
pro peak prodigy charger and all leads
Mugen starter box & 4 X nicads
6 volt 1200amp hump receiver pack
RB S7 1/2 gallon through it (compression is as if it was new out of the box) with receipt & guarantee
NovaRossi P5, Quater of gallon through (barley run in)
RB 2020 exhaust & header (1 small dent)
Rossi pipe & header (not sure which one?)
8 - 10 rb glow plugs unused in packets
2 shells painted & cut but look never used
Brand new alloy clutch
Complete set of shocks built but unused
Lots of spares, plastic, fixings, shafts, hingepins etc
Unused set of ellegi rims & medial Pro adheris tyres waiting to be mounted
Loads of oils shock/diff
Carry bag for buggy.
Some other stuff which i cant remember.
All manuals for car, radio & charger

I paid £500.00 (considering a rolling chassis is £435.00 for a non pro spec & £580.00 for a prospec in some places?)..............complete bargain i reckon???

my question is what do you think the car is worth with no electrics? please also consider that if i stuck a WS7II( not the S7 mentioned above (this engine runs but does not have loads of life left in it)) in it with a RB2020 exhaust?
I'd chuck in a charger not the pro peak mentioned above as that is better than mine & a thunder tiger starter box? It would just leave radio & servos as being required to get it to run?

i know your all going to ask why sell it??
To be honest i have a pair of Xray XB8's (race car & spare) which i love. I bought this as it seemed to good to be true? My whole intention was to take from it what i wanted and sell the rest on. I need to cover as much of the £500.00 as i can?

What do you guys think i should be asking for it??

Cheers
Darren

Old 08-23-2005, 07:40 PM
o.s. power

Default RE: Mugen Pro Spec

christ dude, you got one hell of a deal! All that would be well over $2000 dollars (U.S. that is). If you were going to sell the car with no electronics and a ws7II and a pipe, at least $800 dollars. (U.S. that is).
Old 08-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Dsavin

ORIGINAL: o.s. power

christ dude, you got one hell of a deal!
I know, i almost ripped the guys arm off when he said. I couldn't believe it?

So you reckon $800 would be a good price then? I'll have to get it on ebay later on? Need to take some photo's and sort through all the stuff?

Cheers
Darren
Old 08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
brokeneck

wow, you got some awsome stuff man! take some pics if you can?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Dsavin

ORIGINAL: brokeneck

wow, you got some awsome stuff man! take some pics if you can?
Cheers Dude:-

Here are couple of pics (see links). I'll try and get some more of everything i bought tomorrow. I'm sure most people wont believe it? Oh and i was wrong the servos are 9350's not 9351's but even so??

I spent most of today sorting through the stuff, taking out servos, receiver etc. Then getting all my stuff together which i'm going to sell with it. Hopefully i'll have it up on ebay once i can get some rough postage costs tomorrow?

You can see in the pics the exhaust is dirty but the car is sweet. Also the engine is not fixed in the car which is why it all looks a little strange in the final pic. to be honest the pics in my oppinion dont do it justice??

Cheers
Darren

Old 08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
brokeneck

RIGHT ON! yea you got a hell of a deal! Is it ok if I ask why your going to sell it? to make some doe or because you got something better?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Dsavin

To Be honest i bought it so could benefit from the 2 nearly new engines, the starter box & the radio (and the computerised charger which i did not know was included as well?).
I got so much stuff i figured i could sell the car with some of my older stuff thats in good condition (older starter box, seperate chargers & dischargers, an Old ws7II which still has compression and runs sweet but is nearing the end of it's life) and the spares which are relevant to the ProSpec + some other bits. The person buying it would think they got a deal. I'd make nearly all, if not all of my money back and i have 2 nearly new engines a 3VC, 2 top quality servos & receiver, Computerrised charger/discharger & at least 1 new pipe & header not to mention the small spares & bits n bobs like Glowplugs etc

I could probably even sell the transponder for nearly as much as they are new. They dont go wrong and people are sick of being shafted by AMB in the UK? I'm absaloutley laughing

I've never really looked at the Mugens and all though it's a nice car i'm going to stick with my Xray XB8's. I have my race car which is in great condition and my built spare which is new (obviously for spares when i'm away racing). I just dont have a need for the mugen. Of course there is the financial side of things where i've laid out money which really i shouldn't have done, so i need to make some of it back somehow?

I have tons of Kit now, a 3VC which i dont really need but its the dogs danglys of radios (But i do love my Sanwa/Airtronics super exzces) so i'm not in a hurry to sell it. 4 engines all pretty new, 3 pipes, 2 spare servos which are better than the ones in my cars. Probably the best starter box on the market? The mutts knutts of chargers and the list go's on? I think i'll give my dad the S7II so he's got a spare engine but i still have a P5, OSVspec (not broken in), and a WS7II (with 4 tanks through it on the bench waiting to be run in).

I think i could say i was in the right place at the right time with the money to do it.......oh only life wasn't always this sweet??
Old 08-24-2005, 08:16 PM
dicko

i'd give the mugen a go before i sold it if i were you, i know several people who've switched from the XB8 to the prospec & they have not looked back.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Dsavin

I'd love to give it a go but i dont want to get it all dirty just to try it & at the end of the day if dont try it i cant have tha feeling of "i wished i kept the Mugen".......which i'm sure wouldn't be the case?

Here are some pics of everything i bought in the sale. Remeber this is £500.00 worth of stuff:-

Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
SKYLINE350GT

How do you drive with that radio? That would take some getting used to.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Dsavin

ORIGINAL: SKYLINE350GT

How do you mean? Because it's sticks or because of the computer functions and lots of buttons?

If you mean sticks then to me it easy, I tried wheel system radios but just cant get on with them. They just feel awkward?

If you mean the computer & Buttons then most of those are not used whilst running. They are just menu buttons for adjusting everything before you even start up the car. Necessary buttons are in reach of your fingers on the shoulders of the radio.

Cheers
Darren
Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
JustinWZP

Most UK drivers use a standard radio like that. They don't seem to understand why everyone else uses a wheel and we don't seem to understand why they are using the sticks.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:45 PM
1CE

i am interested in POSSIBLY purchasing this buggy, to help you AND me out that thing looks fun...and fast. Private message me or e-mail me at [email protected] i would like to know exactly what parts would be included. I do not need the radio system, i have a spectrum dx3. Also, can you please send more detailed pictures of the car with its body off? Also, are you 100% sure it is a prospec? (not that i am doubting you i just cant tell myself, i am new to mugen). I would appreciate a response.

-1ce
Old 08-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Engrose

ORIGINAL: 1CE

i am interested in POSSIBLY purchasing this buggy, to help you AND me out that thing looks fun...and fast. Private message me or e-mail me at [email protected] i would like to know exactly what parts would be included. I do not need the radio system, i have a spectrum dx3. Also, can you please send more detailed pictures of the car with its body off? Also, are you 100% sure it is a prospec? (not that i am doubting you i just cant tell myself, i am new to mugen). I would appreciate a response.

-1ce
Are you aware that the buggy is in Europe?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:25 PM
1CE

o yea..he he what would that shipping cost be? I am still interested, pm me and we will get things worked out.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:47 AM
MadForceDude

ORIGINAL: SKYLINE350GT

that the same kind of remote we use to have, two stick ( if you got like 30 years old or more). in fact, i had one with my first RC, a traxxas electric Fiero 1987. and it go well when you are use to it.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:32 PM
angelofdeath

my first rc was the traxxas fiero and i still have it today the body is in rough shape but still able to do the job if u could tell me where i could find the 1/12 scale tires i would thank u very much if any one knows were to find them and the body plz email me at [email protected] thank u again for your help in this matter

Old 09-02-2005, 11:39 AM
MadForceDude

sorry angel, but my fiero is retired for like 10 years now so i don't know were to get part. i don't use it anymore cauz' this was a gift from my cousin who die around '95. so that why its still all original, i never add, change, or modify any part. i take it out some time to time just to show it to RC enthusiast ( its old but still pretty fast). maybe it will be more EZ to change the entire wheel that change only the tire.

good luck, let us know.