Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

new buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
ayk07
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new buggy

Ok i am now switching from moster truck racing to buggies, but i dont know that much about buggies and i whant to know what is the best buggy that i can get under $300 and i whant to know if im am able to put my ported s-25 engine(savage 25)
without any modifications? and i would like to know the aproximate top speed. Thank you!

Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 PM
kx250ryder

Default RE: new buggy

The Hyper TQ Sport is at Ace for under 250. That is assuming you already have electronics. Its a good platform, that can be upgraded to full pro status (laydown servos, graphite, cnc, etc) with a couple e-bay purchases later down the road when you have the cash. It is one of the most capable buggies for the money (note I say for the money, so I don't get flamed by the 1000 dollar buggy people).

If you don't have electronics, and are still trying to hit that price point, I would say save up a couple weeks allowance/pay instead of going for anything cheaper (most buggies cheaper than this will have difficult to find parts availablity).

Note: I am not sure about motor compatibility. Also, I am assuming you have basic running gear like fuel, glow starter, charger, etc.

**EDIT** If you want top speed, buggies may not necissarily be what you are looking for. Buggies are designed primarily for racing on relatively tight tracks. They are typically a one-speed design geared for maximum acceleration. That is not to say they can't bash, but maximum top speed is usually not their strong suit. If you want a buggy with top speed, an OFNA 9.5 base may not be a bad idea as they have a two speed transmission option for about $100.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:52 PM
ayk07

thank for the reply, i mightg get jato if my savage engine doesnt fit in the ofna
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

jato, baah, if you want a mediocre buggy for 300, you can get the rdlogics sho. 300 dollars
Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
ayk07

is the rdlogics sho buggy faster than jato, if not what is better?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:17 AM
Engrose

You should be able to put the s-25 engine in the Ofna. But it isn't a very good engine....

If you want a complete buggy then look at the Ofna Ultra Comp - only 280$ at Tower and it's tough.

As said - the topspeed of the buggies isn't that important. It's the handling and ability to change velocity fast that matters.

You can get a two-speed for the Hyper7 if you want speed, but it isn't good to have a two-speed when you drive offroad.