Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Losi Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

i have the rtr buggy and it fit mine so idk why it says that. and the rtr is built great but putting these parts just makes it bullet proof
Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
INTEGRA

all the alum added up is rediculous compared to the plastic's...hold a FULL set of Knuckles and spindles in one hand in alum...and the other in plastic....difference is Night and day.....i ran the alum braces and some of the knuckles and stuff for a while....but after slowly removing 1 after the other i felt i didnt need any of them...the Stock parts are Rock solid to start with....and the chassy braces were the last to go....but now ill use them for chassy tuning.....flexy for blown out...and Stiff for Hard pack Smooth.......but overall if your a Rough driver i guess the alum could help....but imo its not needed....ive seen some NARLY 8ight crash's and they walked away 100% clean every time.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM
rcbeep73

I think I will get the shock towers for now. I went threw the buggy and need to get some stock parts like the steering link ends and stuff. I have to rebuild the center diff all the oil ran out. I better check to make sure it's not crack. I did not know the fuel tank feed line went threw the tank to the filter i felt stupid when i tryed to pull the line off. I will be getting the OS .21 v-spec engine. I guess that's it. The plastic on this looks real strong so i will leave it untill i break something. besides the plastic is lighter then the aluminum right. Thanks for your input. when i am done rebuiding her i will post pic.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
rcbeep73

Hey INTEGRA,
I just check out your pics and i was thinking of doing the same with the carbon fiber on the radio tray to keep it from flexing. How does it work? besides it looks good too.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: rcbeep73

Hey INTEGRA,
I just check out your pics and i was thinking of doing the same with the carbon fiber on the radio tray to keep it from flexing. How does it work? besides it looks good too.

get the 2.0 tray and forget about it....that was a temp fix for the 1.0's that some even Claimed to be the cause for their own servo's blowing up...
Old 11-10-2008, 07:04 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

rc beep:
here's what i'd do:
kit chassis and shock towers
hd diff cups
lightened outdrives
rebuild those shocks with fresh parts(they look as if they weren't taken care of)
get few sets of clutches(losi's don't last long from my experience)
the os is an awesome motor(run the os pipe if you can on it for best fuel milage)

and then you should rule the track myfriend
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
rcbeep73

ORIGINAL: NewKid

rc beep:
here's what i'd do:
hd diff cups
lightened outdrives
rebuild those shocks with fresh parts(they look as if they weren't taken care of)
the os is an awesome motor(run the os pipe if you can on it for best fuel milage)

Thanks for the advise. I had rebuild this buggy for my friend in the spring. He is not a buggy guy and was beating on this like a monster truck. So now that we did out trade I need to rebuild her again. I made my list of parts so now I need to watch ebay, and A Main Hobbies has alot of parts that seem like good prices. I never bought from them. I always buy from Tower but they don't sell Losi parts. I will give updates as to the progress of her Resurrection.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 AM
NewKid

ORIGINAL: rcbeep73

rc beep:
here's what i'd do:
hd diff cups
lightened outdrives

Thanks for the advise. I had rebuild this buggy for my friend in the spring. He is not a buggy guy and was beating on this like a monster truck. So now that we did out trade I need to rebuild her again. I made my list of parts so now I need to watch ebay, and A Main Hobbies has alot of parts that seem like good prices. I never bought from them. I always buy from Tower but they don't sell Losi parts. I will give updates as to the progress of her Resurrection.

cool....amainhobbies is a top notch hobby store...but I am sure a lot of the parts you'll be able to find on ebay for a good price...good luck and waiting to see progress
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 AM
rcbeep73

Is this the OS engine that everybody is talking about. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF0&P=ML
It's sure a nice looking engine. It should look real good in my buggy. I was going to get this for my Ofna but did not want to wast the money on that buggy. But since I have a real buggy There is no holding back. Plus with the track I run on it's small so I could never be able to take full advantage of the speed. But that's ok one day I will find a bigger one.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
NewKid

yea that's a good motor..makes power all around...another possible motor would be the jammin(JPX).21 which is also a fast motor and a little less coin. and another motor to consider since you're running on a small track would be novarossi 3port costs $180 and has plenty of power all around..
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
rcbeep73

yea that's a good motor..makes power all around...another possible motor would be the jammin(JPX).21 which is also a fast motor and a little less coin. and another motor to consider since you're running on a small track would be novarossi 3port costs $180 and has plenty of power all around..
I think I got a great deal on the v-spec engine. It was 299.97 I got $60.00 off plus free shipping threw Tower. So I saved $70.00 total. Now I don't know what pipe to get. I was running the JP1 pipe but i think I might want the JP3. I know the engine has tons of power so I don't think i will need the JP1. The JP3 I think is a all around pipe. correct me if am wrong. What do you think?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Redcat_Mike

the associated/thunder tiger pipe works well at half the price of the jammin
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM
K_B

I run my V-Spec with a JP-3. Runs awesome as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:27 PM
INTEGRA

another local fast guy run's his Spec's on jp-3's religiously...i have heard that to get the Full run time you should run a 2050 or 2060....granted there expensive pipes...but obviously designed specifically for the Spec.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM
rcbeep73

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

another local fast guy run's his Spec's on jp-3's religiously...i have heard that to get the Full run time you should run a 2050 or 2060....granted there expensive pipes...but obviously designed specifically for the Spec.
Again for me money is no concern. No I don't have alot of it but If your going to have a racing buggy, You cant hold back on the important stuff. To me brakes, engine, pipe, tires, suspension and fuel is important so you can't take short cuts. That's how i look at it. The radio is good in the RTR and there are after market high torque servos and the battery is all good. I wonder how the OS pipe and the JP3 do head on. Anybody know?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 AM
NewKid

the os 2060 runs strong on the motor as well and does provide a little more runtime without power loss when compared to the jp-3 but a lot of people run jp-3's on thier blue head specs and run 2060's on the speeds. but specs are such animals most pipes work well...believe it or not when I was a lazy cat I installed an STS pipe( I know their motors are junk) just to break the engine in because my os 2050 was misplaced and i didn't feel like finding it and it ran like a champ on a $40 dollar STS pipe and I know a couple of people who run dynamite and sh pipes on the motor with good results...me personally when i put mine back together I might get the 2060 for it or toss my 2050 on it not certain yet
Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
rcbeep73

I was reading the break in for the v-spec, It says to go threw 1/2 gallon before tuning for performance. That's going to be a long day...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Redcat_Mike

whatever method you choose to breakin your motor, just make sure you heat cycle it

idling a half gallon through your motor at 150-170 does nothing.. get it up to temp... idling it cold just stresses the rod.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM
rcbeep73

I have broken in many types of engines and my lrp was the same way. it took about 3/4 of a gallon before she woke up. With this engine i will do as the manual says. I just need to make sure I have the time to finish the break-in. I would hate to take two days to do it. So I will wait till the spring go to the track and make a day of it. My buds and I always bring the grill, food and drinks and we leave the wifes at home.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:55 AM
kman43

A little off topic but a simple question for you pros. Just for piece of mind, I recently built my Losi Kit and installed my throttle servo, (Ace 1313). Is a little flex on the servo tray normal. I here about lots of problems with servos. I have set my epa accordingly to my knowledge so there is little pressure on the (fuel hose) on the throttle brake mechanism, (linkage). Am I heading in the right direction for set up. Thanks. Ken
Old 11-16-2008, 02:29 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: kman43

A little off topic but a simple question for you pros. Just for piece of mind, I recently built my Losi Kit and installed my throttle servo, (Ace 1313). Is a little flex on the servo tray normal. I here about lots of problems with servos. I have set my epa accordingly to my knowledge so there is little pressure on the (fuel hose) on the throttle brake mechanism, (linkage). Am I heading in the right direction for set up. Thanks. Ken

do youself a favour and order yourself a new 2.0 tray...and forget about the servo issues all together.[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Losi Racer

will it bolt up 2 the old chassis????? if so im doin my a main order right now and it will be thrown in. part number is A4421 right??
Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 AM
kman43

Thanks Integra. As soon as I here if it fits the 8ight 1.0 I will order one.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: kman43

Thanks Integra. As soon as I here if it fits the 8ight 1.0 I will order one.
100% fits.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Redcat_Mike

you need 2.0 throttle linkage to install the 2.0 tray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.