Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

EB4 converted from nitro to gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:12 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EB4 converted from nitro to gas

Hi everyone, I am currently in the process of converting my thunder tiger EB4 S2 from nitro to gas. The link to the page that has the pictures of it is here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5682405/tm.htm

Now, I was just wondering about three things: Firstly, does anybody know how many cc's of fuel the tanks on these cars hold?
Also, would using normal gas in the tank damage the tank seals in any way?
Do you think that a 22cc engine would be too powerful for the rear diff gears to handle?

thanks.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:59 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: EB4 converted from nitro to gas

Those engines are made to run off gas with oil mixed why would it hurt. I do not think many if any here run gas engines so you would be better of in the big scale thread. Personally if I wanted a gas buggy I would by a 1/5 scale. What are you going to do about a body and I sure would miss not having 4 wheel drive.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
TGreg

he did post it in the giant scale forum, his question was will gasoline and oil mix hurt the stock EB4 fuel tank, which is why its in here.

Id say no, but i think you need gas appropiate fuel tubing.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
46u

You sure will not get much run time on that tank. Sorry I misread your post and thanks for correcting me.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] No the gas will not hurt stock nitro fuel line as I had a neighbor need some line for his weed wackier and I gave him some nitro line and after 2 years it is till on there. What body are you going to run?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
sam123

Thanks for your help guys. I converted the car to gas for two reasons: I was sick of paying $15 australian for a litre of nitro fuel (nitro fuel is very expensive in Australia) and the engine that I had on the car just recently siezed up.

I am not too bothered about the amount of runtime I will be getting, the .21 engine used to chew through the nitro pretty quickly anyways.

For the body I plan on having either a rollcage or a stadium truck body. I will also be changing the wheels to monster truck ones.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
46u

Post pictues when done. Have you done your homework on the gearing where the chain is?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
sam123

Here is the link to the video of the car running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1GTC9aabw

enjoy.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
RCtruckRacer

Good job dude! Not everyone could have pulled that off! I've been watching the thread with great interest, and you haven't dissapointed. The truck looks like its having a hard time keeping a straight line. Try some toe in for the rear and a bit of toe out in front.

That thing would be awesome to race in Dirt Oval.

Are you using a negative final gear ratio? That engine should be able to handle almost any conceivable gearing. Dang, how fun!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
sam123

Thanks for your kind words man. There are still a few things that I will be doing to the car to improve the stability, such as stiffer suspension springs, heavier weight oil and some chassis bracing. I do have a hard time keeping the thing in a straight line, so I will definately be messing around with the toe angles and camber etc. The drive ratio is about 6.3:1, which is probly too low for the wheels Im using at the moment, which is why I will be changing to monster truck wheels tomorrow. I may also be changing it from sprocket drive to belt drive also, because it is less maintenance, quieter and more efficient. Once the engine is tuned up and I have made a decent pipe for it I will take some more vids, but at the moment the car is in pieces because I need to apply threadlock to all the screws. It will be ready to go tomorrow though!!