Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Anyone own a Ofna Ultra LX1??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone own a Ofna Ultra LX1??

The JP-2 is a great pipe, but this engine has so much power, that I think a JP-3 would even be better. In a straight line and starting from 0, this buggy will be a tinny bit faster than the ones equipped with good .21 engines. As I said earlier, no problems with the engine but I also need to say that I take really good care of it.

I think I will try the JP-3 that I'm currently using on a RB 6BBT engine to see how it goes.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
jaws1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cerberus90

ORIGINAL: jaws1

you said you got 2100mah battery in it, is it 6v or 4.8v, i would take it to 6v so receiver reception will be a little bit stronger
Were you talking to me?

If so, I have 2100mAH AA batteries, which are something like 1.2v I think. so thats 4x1.2=4.8v.

yeah i was lol, i think i clicked reply instead of quote

another thing with 6v, you ll get a quicker response

I think I'm going to get a 6v pack after my birthday.
yeah i was, i clicked reply instead of quote, sorry my bad, anyway your servos will react better when you install 6v hump pack, quicker response
Hopefully when I upgrade some stuff I should be getting a new steering servo too.

Unfortunatly here in the UK I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the upgraded rear brace. Seems to be quite a few bits that you guys in America can get that we can't get over here.

Do you lot think it would be wise to put cable ties on the cooling head? I see rshooch has some on his but no one else does, is it worth it, does it provide that much protection?
as for steering servo, i got this for the lx-1, it does the job very well, i ve actually put sellotape around the casing to make it more waterproof and no problem since, happy with it and great value, you will need spacers and long nut and bolt for this servo to fit, here s the link
http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/2005/FS...electedTab=050

i am thinking of ordering some parts from the USA, i m after those hardened diff crown ring as they are must upgrade, i will make my own rear brace similar to psiturbo(forum member)

i have cable tied the cooling head on all my cars and they do help alot, preventing the cooling head from scratches, i would recommand this mod for bashers

thanks oldtown72 and rshooch for welcoming me, its nice to see there are alot of lx-1 out there

Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Dokioto

Not on here for a week and this thread takes off Lots of good info..
Old 01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: LX1Guy

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Is the metal thicker than the stock piece? Looks like you need to get to cleaning

Well I have a few things to say about this Starter Box of mine (I think it may just be a box as the "starting" part has yet to be seen)
I had the mounts set near to perfect and set the buggy on it, and let her rip.. Turns out the wheel was turning the wrong direction. Easy fix, just switch the connections on the motor. Try # Two.. Line the buggy up and push it down (this starts the wheel if you didn't know), and I get a bunch of rubber particles going every direction[:@] I figured it was rubbing the chassis but after looking again it was hitting the flywheel spot on. I guess the engine is just to tight and the starter doesn't have enough power to get it to turn over (this was using a 12 volt batt).

I think my option is to break it in with the pull start and hope that the box works after this. And I thought a Starter Box was going to make things go quicker.. Any one have any tips on this? This is my first starter box...
Since no one answered this for you. The Force .28 that comes stock with a pull start has a one way bearing inside of the pull start to stop it from spining. So when you tried to use your starter box it went against this bearing and started tearing up your rubber wheel. To fix this order a non pull start back plate and get rid of your pull start and that one way bearing. In the end it will go faster and be much easier to start with the box.
By the way I also own an ultra lx 1 and love it. Thing actually performs at the club races right there with the guys that went out and bought the Losi 8 and others. They cant believe I own one of these and can even keep up with them.
Thanks! Do you know of a backing that will fit?
I would think though that the one way bearing wouldn't interfere.. As the crank will turn with enough presser, plus it spins the same direction when the engine is running

Welcome to RCU
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: rshooch

dokioto you get it running yet..

Me and some friends went down to the little legue park for some good ol fun. I took my ulx1 1 and about a 1/4 gallons of gas extra air filter 2 batts for roto start and fresh glow starter. It was a blast we ran all over the place. other cars were revo,2 tmaxx's,savage,my ulx1,and a turmoil. after a good day of bashing and diomond racing all the i broke on my buggy was two cracks in the wing, that was from a savage hitting me in the back after i ran out of gas lol.. anyway I ran all my nitro so off to the hobby shop tomarrow to get some more.. this engine held a tune from tank one all the way threw the entire 1 and 1/4 gallons of fuel. this is the first time i have went out with the guys and bashed for half a day and not broke anything that would stop me from running or repair...
Sadly not yet.. Trying to get this Stater box to work. Might be a good idea to heat it up be for turning it over?

But this must be a sign not to go out in twenty below zero weather I should be out side in a month or so though (I don't feel like breaking this engine in the cold).
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 AM
rshooch

wow thats
cold [X(]

ive read some whare that you cane use a starter box with a pull start but Ive never used one so sorry i couldnt help you any more..
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Dokioto

I am 95% sure you can..
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
rshooch

you said you got 2100mah battery in it, is it 6v or 4.8v, i would take it to 6v so receiver reception will be a little bit stronger
Were you talking to me?

If so, I have 2100mAH AA batteries, which are something like 1.2v I think. so thats 4x1.2=4.8v.

yeah i was lol, i think i clicked reply instead of quote

another thing with 6v, you ll get a quicker response

I think I'm going to get a 6v pack after my birthday.
yeah i was, i clicked reply instead of quote, sorry my bad, anyway your servos will react better when you install 6v hump pack, quicker response
Hopefully when I upgrade some stuff I should be getting a new steering servo too.

Unfortunatly here in the UK I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the upgraded rear brace. Seems to be quite a few bits that you guys in America can get that we can't get over here.

Do you lot think it would be wise to put cable ties on the cooling head? I see rshooch has some on his but no one else does, is it worth it, does it provide that much protection?

I put the zip ties on out of habbit cause mt's used to be the only thing i ran for years..
Old 01-16-2008, 02:23 AM
alaskaN8

i am at the same place as you dokioto, i know anchorage is way warmer but i still don't want o break mine in in the cold, i did it with my savage and it sucked. on a side note though the engine didn't overheat
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
LX1Guy

Is the metal thicker than the stock piece? Looks like you need to get to cleaning

Well I have a few things to say about this Starter Box of mine (I think it may just be a box as the "starting" part has yet to be seen)
I had the mounts set near to perfect and set the buggy on it, and let her rip.. Turns out the wheel was turning the wrong direction. Easy fix, just switch the connections on the motor. Try # Two.. Line the buggy up and push it down (this starts the wheel if you didn't know), and I get a bunch of rubber particles going every direction[:@] I figured it was rubbing the chassis but after looking again it was hitting the flywheel spot on. I guess the engine is just to tight and the starter doesn't have enough power to get it to turn over (this was using a 12 volt batt).

I think my option is to break it in with the pull start and hope that the box works after this. And I thought a Starter Box was going to make things go quicker.. Any one have any tips on this? This is my first starter box...
Since no one answered this for you. The Force .28 that comes stock with a pull start has a one way bearing inside of the pull start to stop it from spining. So when you tried to use your starter box it went against this bearing and started tearing up your rubber wheel. To fix this order a non pull start back plate and get rid of your pull start and that one way bearing. In the end it will go faster and be much easier to start with the box.
By the way I also own an ultra lx 1 and love it. Thing actually performs at the club races right there with the guys that went out and bought the Losi 8 and others. They cant believe I own one of these and can even keep up with them.
Thanks! Do you know of a backing that will fit?
I would think though that the one way bearing wouldn't interfere.. As the crank will turn with enough presser, plus it spins the same direction when the engine is running

Welcome to RCU

Thank you. But as far as using the starter box with the pull start I was informed you cant. I never tried too either just purchased this and called it a day. http://cgi.ebay.com/OFNA-52090-FORCE...QQcmdZViewItem
Also when I bought mine the bottom of the piston hit the top of the back plate. Grind down the little indent a lil bit more and it will clear perfectly.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
LX1Guy

I havent noticed anything really weak with this buggy yet. I honestly race mine every week. So far I have broken an A arm, The front bumper, the clutch bearings twice now, and thats all. It's a tough buggy. And it does well. This is the track i race at http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...35627&page=339 .
I recently purchased the Jammin .21 turbo head motor so that I am legal to race in some of the big sanctioned races this year. I am currently breaking it in. And I am excited to see what it can do.
If you guys have any questions I will do my best to help you out.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
1234vance
My Feedback: (1)

Ok I just got my new lx 1 , And need to know what your useing for the diffs for bottom end and midrang power. thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
thor04

I see that alot of people are reinforcing the back brace so heres what i came up with this morning. hope it works. Are there any other weak points on this car that i should know about??
Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Gonzalo38

Any one using this PCR rear brace in the LX One ?

Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Paradoxmaker

ORIGINAL: d800

Ok I just got my new lx 1 , And need to know what your useing for the diffs for bottom end and midrang power. thanks

Changing the diffs (oil) doesn't change power (low, mid, or high). it changes the % of power that goes to connected driveshafts....

Diff setup has nothing to do with engine power, it's for handeling adjustments.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Paradoxmaker

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

See post #85
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6888567
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Gonzalo38

Great..... thanks. I guess I will have to visit the store this weekend
Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
oldtown72

I havent noticed anything really weak with this buggy yet. I honestly race mine every week. So far I have broken an A arm, The front bumper, the clutch bearings twice now, and thats all. It's a tough buggy. And it does well. This is the track i race at http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...35627&page=339 .
I recently purchased the Jammin .21 turbo head motor so that I am legal to race in some of the big sanctioned races this year. I am currently breaking it in. And I am excited to see what it can do.
This might sound stupid, but how do you know when you break the clutch bearing? Is it an obvious thing when it happens? Just curious. Good luck on the races. Keep us posted on how it does with the new engine.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
rshooch

sometimes its easy to see that its blew out but also I can go slow hard to turn by hand, engine stalls, engine sarts than stops.. The cb should spin freely by finger... All I do is every time I clean my buggy I take my engine off and give it a spin. Then finish my cleaning duties. Havent had any problems sofar on my ulx1 but my aftershock and lst 2 eat them like candy..
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
rshooch

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

i love this brace makes the rear end 100% stiffer no flex at all well worth the 30.00 bucks
Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 AM
LX1Guy

ORIGINAL: oldtown72

This might sound stupid, but how do you know when you break the clutch bearing? Is it an obvious thing when it happens? Just curious. Good luck on the races. Keep us posted on how it does with the new engine.
Actually it really wasnt. It gave symptoms of the clutch shoes mushrooming. Meaning at a lower idle my wheels would start to turn as if it was idleing just a little higher. It even spun free. It was a little wobbley though and thats when I pulled it apart and the bbs and everything fell out.
The first time they went out, it was obvious like you said. It didnt spin free at all and the motor flamed out.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Cerberus90

My engine bolts are being really stubborn. Can't get them off, the allendriver slipped when I was trying, luckily it hasn't rounded the screw.

Any tips on how to get it off?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
thor04

Hey mine are too. Like all four of them too. i tried heating them up but that didn;t work. luckly my grears mesh perfect but its a pain taking the engine off and putting it back on with those nuts that slide around. i was thinking of drilling them out and just buy new mounts.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
oldtown72

Does anyone thread lock those engine mount bolts? I took mine off once and it was a pain in the *****. i can't imagine having to go through that everytime I want to clean the engine. I just use a lot of Nitroclean and clean it on the chassis most of the time.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: alaskaN8

i am at the same place as you dokioto, i know anchorage is way warmer but i still don't want o break mine in in the cold, i did it with my savage and it sucked. on a side note though the engine didn't overheat
Haha.. Just snowed 10 inches today[:'(]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.