Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:02 AM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

I do have 2 NEW Evo kits. But ALSO this used OCM. So the shock towers made a big difference huh? Will have to see about getting some of those then. Thanks for the info though. Will probably be upgrading this one anyways so it is the same as the new ones.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
vnmsgt

Well ran the Kaos for the first time today and it was great. Some things I noticed right away is this buggy likes to be driven through the corners ON POWER. It will hold a line all they way through the turn from beginning to end kind of like a Losi 8ight but much more stable and not twitchy. It is very dialed and turns excellent. Also the gearing is crazy!! Out of every turn it feels like you are sling shotted right out of the turn and it screams but point it straight and let go of the wheel and it goes straight, very nice and smooth.

For the guy who asked a comparison between this and my Caster Racing ZX1-R.... They are 2 completely different ways of driving. Compared to the OCM the Caster is more of a loose handling buggy. As to where the OCM lets you let off the gas sooner coming to a turn and power right through and out of it, with the Caster you can go into the turn harder before hitting your breaks and then tap the breaks it will bring the rear around and shoot straight out of the turn. The Caster has more off power steering while the OCM is more on power steering. Both are very stable but the OCM feels like a heavier buggy while driving but very stable and planted and the Caster feels light like it sort of floats on top of the ground and smooth while being extremely stable at the same time. The OCM like I said feels like a sling shot out of the turns (a tad of lag at first for a split second and then BAM! your shot out. The Caster is more of a smooth steady excelleration and does not feel like it has a powerband. Of course that may be the motor but is what I felt.

Depending on how you like to drive I think will be the key on which one to choose. If you like to drive a loose buggy and slide the rear around, go with the Caster. If you like to hold a line and drive through the corner, then go OCM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
ecocav04

the ocm has alot more setup options i drove my old on last sunday and off power it turned great into turns wich was the issue i couldnt figure out but it was great all around work on setup and you will have a great setup
Old 05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
viper463

Something important regarding Alan Burton

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3933

OCM put this out regarding MR. Burton

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3924
Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
vnmsgt

I have spoken to Alan Burton today myself and spoke about the reasons for leaving OCM. Regardless of him leaving OCM has told him they intend to stay in the US but they do not agree on how to handle things so they parted. Long story short I have had OCM Europe contact my personally and will be speaking to them about getting parts in the US still and they plan on having another distributor soon. Everything should turn out fine. I even made a order of a couple more buggies and parts today being sure everything will turn out ok.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:19 PM
viper463

Good luck with OCM I just think it's a big gamble right now to buy one of those buggy's. If they do stay in the USA great but if they don't good luck getting support for that buggy..
Old 05-30-2008, 12:12 AM
vnmsgt

Well OCM guys I have some news from OCM. I just spoke online to OCM Europe for 3 hours and I can say without a doubt that OCM plans to stay in USA! They are currently talking with 3 people to become USA distributors. I have found out that the truggy a-arms have been made correctly and passed quality tests as of today. All the truggy A-arms they currently had in stock had issues and did not pass quality tests so they could not send them out. The Diffs are still being worked on and not out yet. Also found out that A-main is not carrying OCM anymore because A-main did not comply with there MAP pricing so OCM stopped selling to them and are just clearing there inventory. I have been setup right now to get parts from OCM directly until a distributor can be signed up. I have a couple things to get straigtened out with my bank and purchasing from them but should be done by next week. OCM was very helpful and said they have no intention of leaving us here with OCM products hanging. OCM also noted to me that they will not and do not take pre-orders for anything. If it is not available for sale they will not pre-sell it. The more I find out the more everyone here will know. I just became a OCM dealer about a month ago and am not going to be screwed and do not want anybody running OCM to get screwed into having product that nobody can get parts for and is the reason I went ahead and took the steps to do this and contact OCM. I hope everyone understands. This was by no means directed toward AB. He is a great guy and was very helpful to me. I just have alot of OCM products and would like to keep selling it too and you guys keep getting parts.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:28 AM
vnmsgt

Well I got some more parts in for the OCM buggies that proves OCM IS staying in the US. Ran the OCM last weekend some to get used to. Very different from my Caster. The more I drive it the more it feels like a Losi 8ight except for being twitchy. It has all the steering you could want and holds a line in turns and can power through them without the rear coming around like the Losi. But you can push it harder and less likely to flip. Car is extremely stiff though which I think is from the huge aluminum chassis braces. Too stiff for my liking and will probably try the original plastic braces soon.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 PM
showtime477

Guys, I tried the plastic chassis braces last weekend and it makes the chassis VERY flexy, almost too flexy. I would say if your track has a lot of big jumps do not run the plastic braces, stay with the aluminum ones. If you run on a rough track without lots of jumps they will be good.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:27 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: showtime477

Guys, I tried the plastic chassis braces last weekend and it makes the chassis VERY flexy, almost too flexy. I would say if your track has a lot of big jumps do not run the plastic braces, stay with the aluminum ones. If you run on a rough track without lots of jumps they will be good.
Cool thanks for the info!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
vnmsgt

Just got my Kaos EVO kit in today! Will be putting it together probably sometimg next week. Have to see if it handles any differently than the older generation Kaos I recently sold.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:10 AM
slayerphonics

OCM looks like a nice buggy but after reading those post on neobuggy, id be worried, I knew something was up when I saw amain selling off all their OCM stuff.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

OCM looks like a nice buggy but after reading those post on neobuggy, id be worried, I knew something was up when I saw amain selling off all their OCM stuff.
Well hopefully it will turn out ok. I just got 4k worth of parts from OCM that they sent to supply team drivers and customers here in the US till they get a distributor. I was skeptical about it till the package arrived and they did what they said. Got me a OCM Truggy too!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
slayerphonics

damn, your right next door to me in winter garden,

How long do you take to ship when orders are placed?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
vnmsgt

damn, your right next door to me in winter garden,

How long do you take to ship when orders are placed?
As long as it is not friday or the saturday I will ship it the next day and if I have it in stock. I only ship USPS priority which might be 1 day for you or 2 at the most.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:09 PM
slayerphonics

awesome,

Are you stocking the R-spec?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
vnmsgt

awesome,

As soon as my dist gets them in. I have about 4 R-specs on order right now with other GO's. They have just been selling faster than I can get them. Plus do you guys in Daytona race every week? How about on sunday? Sundays is the only day I can race because I work saturdays. If so I can meet you and you do not pay shipping every once in a while.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

awesome,

As soon as my dist gets them in. I have about 4 R-specs on order right now with other GO's. They have just been selling faster than I can get them. Plus do you guys in Daytona race every week? How about on sunday? Sundays is the only day I can race because I work saturdays. If so I can meet you and you do not pay shipping every once in a while.
We race off-road every other saturday,

But sunday from 6 to 10 is practice, its 5 bucks,

Wednesday is free practice from 6 to 10.

I didn't like my R-spec at first, but after changing to alloy shoes, and using 1.1 springs, this motor actually rips, It doesn't have an over the top, top end but the low to mid is nice, and fits my track perfect, I'm going to be using this motor for my practice motor, My buddy is going to order a R-spec also, I'll send him your way if you get some.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 AM
vnmsgt

Thanks I will let you know. I am calling today to see if they came in. I am needing to decide on a new motor also. Have a 7-port in the buggy now but may put that in the truggy and go with the 3-port or put a 5-port in the truggy and keep the 7 in the buggy. Decisions, decisions...
Old 06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
slayerphonics

Have you run the R-spec yet?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 AM
rican25

Slayer, I know VNMSGT personally and have talked with you on here for the last year or so after buying my Savage and about the track in Daytona (still havent been there) but if you absolutely NEED something from him, we run our trucks/buggies every weekend in his neck of the woods and I am there lots of times through the week as I have family over that way, thing is....I live in Deland so I dont mind getting it to you hand delivered if neccessary. Just let me know.....
Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
vnmsgt

Have you run the R-spec yet?
No I have not. I sold the only one I had to a guy but never see him or have is number to ask about driving it.