Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

New LOSI 8ight RTR ALready Down 2 servos!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New LOSI 8ight RTR ALready Down 2 servos!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:52 PM
KyJoe340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New LOSI 8ight RTR ALready Down 2 servos!!

I was at the track with my new 8ight, 20 mins my throttle servo blows, A guy experienced with the 8ight comes over to give me a hand, in a matter of 20 seconds he showed me what I had done incorrectly on the linkage, and showed me where it was binding was.
I took his advice, because i've seen him run countless times with his 8ight with no problems, since then and 3 motors later the servo is in perfect order.
I see you have an 8ight-T not a RTR. I dont consider the kit 8ights or Race roller to have a problem. Anyone here responding on this thread have a RTR? The original post was about the RTR. There is a difference.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ready-To-Race kit comes with no motor. Comparing the race kit to its Ready-To-Run sibling is kind of silly.
The race roller is the same as the kit but already built. Keeping with the original post I've been talking about RTR, again there is a difference.
I learned how to read quite well way back in elementary school, and one of my college degrees in English only supports the idea that I know how. But I will just suggest that what slayerphonics said holds a lot of water, and unless you have some kind of insider tips to give people all you are doing in exasperating the argument between those that don't know and those that do and were just trying to help.
College here too, and what Slayer said does hold water for the kit. For the RTR it's a little harder.

I certainly am not exasperating the problem, rather pointing out a different perspective. It's not all user error. We're both trying to help but in different ways. Actually, I wonder how some people can comment on user error when they don't own the RTR.

Does anyone responding on this thread own a RTR?
IMHO anyone that buys an RTR, or applicably name Ready-To-Run, and expects it to be race worthy are asking for problems and only getting what they're paying for. A Runner, not a Racer.
I think what we're talking about here are people who want a runner. They blow servos even if you're not doing triples just the same. Mine blew the first servo during breakin. Even with proper setup I blew another, my buddy blew 7 with perfect setup. We even got a 270 to live for 2 gallons, after that we went to a 590 then the rest were 650's. The 650 is a good servo and the problem can't be blamed on it.

The only reason I post on this subject is to let people know with RTR's there is something more at play here. Good setup is the best chance to fix it but it still may not be enough. The problem can't always be blamed on inexperience, noobs buy other bugs also.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
KyJoe340

Anyone own a RTR here?

I'm talking about own it drive it, not "I've got a friend with one" or "I worked with my friend's RTR at the track". Dead silence. You're commenting on something you don't even own.

If I had bought a kit and never owned the RTR I would be scratching my head wondering what the problem is just the same as you.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: KyJoe340

Anyone own a RTR here?

I'm talking about own it drive it, not "I've got a friend with one" or "I worked with my friend's RTR at the track". Dead silence. You're commenting on something you don't even own.

If I had bought a kit and never owned the RTR I would be scratching my head wondering what the problem is just the same as you.
I actually have both. Bought the RTR to make a point late last race season. Though the kit servos performed well enough initially I did swap them out for better units before the start of this season for ones that had more torque and could better handle the abuse. I still have the box servos in the toolbox for backups.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
KyJoe340

rkt mtrsprts,
IMHO anyone that buys an RTR, or applicably name Ready-To-Run, and expects it to be race worthy are asking for problems and only getting what they're paying for. A Runner, not a Racer.
So it's O.K. for you to buy a RTR and "make a point" with it? But for anyone else "we just get what we pay for"? This is sooooo exactly what I'm talking about, you profess to help but knock the RTR then knock the user also. And yet you come back and "say" you own one.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
KyJoe340

I always wonder about anyone that professes their level of experience and expertise and yet still buys an RTD expecting off-the-chart perfection and durability
But it's O.K. for you rkt mtrsprts.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
xxx123

I personally have a KIT. My local tracks that numerous people have RTR and they have zero issue after they learned the proper setting.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
KyJoe340

I personally have a KIT. My local tracks that numerous people have RTR and they have zero issue after they learned the proper setting.
Absolutely, it can be done. Let's just try and help people that come here for information and not make them feel inept. That's all I'm trying to say.

At my track people still have some issues with their RTR's but proper setting helps.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:40 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

So it's O.K. for you to buy a RTR and "make a point" with it? But for anyone else "we just get what we pay for"? This is sooooo exactly what I'm talking about, you profess to help but knock the RTR then knock the user also. And yet you come back and "say" you own one.
Are you here just being argumentative or what? You keep trying to make a point of professing your interest in helping people yet at the same time bashing the bejesus out of anyone that tries multiple ways to help the new guys understand that they can not get perfection out of o rtr box and expecting so it ridiculous. If you are interested in helping guys by all means do so. Otherwise the rest of us can do without your lectures.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Jim8ightT

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

Are you here just being argumentative or what? You keep trying to make a point of professing your interest in helping people yet at the same time bashing the bejesus out of anyone that tries multiple ways to help the new guys understand that they can not get perfection out of o rtr box and expecting so it ridiculous. If you are interested in helping guys by all means do so. Otherwise the rest of us can do without your lectures.

We Should doub this thread THE FIGHT CLUB!!!! I thought that all of this was done with earlier today and now we have a new champ way too go!!!! You win[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
KyJoe340

The two posts I quoted doesn't help anyone understand anything, it just bashes them for buying a RTR.

You need to read back through some of the garbage that's been posted and put yourself in the guy's shoes that has a RTR and people are bashing him. Telling him what he does or doesn't expect.

To quote myself,
Let's just try and help people that come here for information and not make them feel inept. That's all I'm trying to say.
Because I have a different opinion doesn't make me argumentative. I just don't want people with RTR 8ights to get discouraged with RC'ing thinking all bugs are the same, and getting thrashed by all the negative posts because they have a RTR. This problem is isolated to the RTR 8ight, no other bug has this problem, that's a fact.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:04 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

This problem is isolated to the RTR 8ight, no other bug has this problem, that's a fact.

That is simply just not true.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 AM
KyJoe340

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

This problem is isolated to the RTR 8ight, no other bug has this problem, that's a fact.

That is simply just not true.
OMG....there it is, blind Losi fanboi bias. Do a search and you'll find hundreds of threads about throttle servo problems with the 8ight, and none with any other bug.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 AM
slayerphonics

I'll use the Traxxas fanboy response,

Its because its an RTR and new users are buying the RTR so its because of inexperience.

But seriously,

So what if its a design flaw in the 8ight? if thats the 8ights only major problem, That is fixed once its setup right. Which I guess you can't call it fixed if it all thats required is setting it up.

Call it a design flaw if you want.

It doesn't change the fact that once you have it setup there is no problems. And if you are still having problems its you, something your doing is wrong, I know of at least 10 8ight owners kit and rtrs, nobody has continuing problems burning servos, its just unheard of at our track,
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
KyJoe340

Its because its an RTR and new users are buying the RTR so its because of inexperience
New users buy other bugs too with no servo problems. It can't all be "inexperience".
So what if its a design flaw in the 8ight?
O.K. I'll go with that, you said it not me.
It doesn't change the fact that once you have it setup there is no problems. And if you are still having problems its you, something your doing is wrong, I know of at least 10 8ight owners kit and rtrs, nobody has continuing problems burning servos, its just unheard of at our track,
I agree with most of this, but my experience is different from yours. I still see and read about RTR problems especially when they still have the 427. With a good .21 and a quality servo the problem is easier to fix. But definetely fixable.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:43 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: KyJoe340 New users buy other bugs too with no servo problems. It can't all be "inexperience".
Funny, but if I remember correctly every RTR buyer and newbie that showed up at my local track last season and thus far this season - few of which had 8ights - expereinced some sort of tuning problem, some sort of adjustment or lack there of problem, or set-up issues, or experienced servo failure.

I still see and read about RTR problems especially when they still have the 427. With a good .21 and a quality servo the problem is easier to fix. But definetely fixable.
Anyone can fix literally anything by throwing money at it. Pay me now or pay me later. It just seems that supposedly fixing problems by putting a highend .21 racemotor and a $100 servo will do nothing but serverly impact the retail price of any RTR be it losi or any other manufacturer.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 PM
slayerphonics

If blaming the design softens the blow to your ego that you could of done something that others have done incorrectly, have at it.
For the record I didn't say it was I asked the question.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Jim8ightT

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

If blaming the design softens the blow to your ego that you could of done something that others have done incorrectly, have at it.
For the record I didn't say it was I asked the question.
I love this thread... ego smashed with hard facts losi has been in the rc bizz for over 20 years i doubt there flagship truggy and buggy would be releaced with all these "FLAWS" then again I am not a pro myself so I do make mistakes... I am only human
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
phenix_racing

wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzup

quit flaming on losi they have a great car and its just a little mistake.

if you did the throttle correctly on that sheet of paper they gave u you should be fine but if you did that and there is still a problem just buy a better throttle servo like a 40 dollar hitec metal gear i have that and i used it for like 2 gallons and its perfect. so all in all read and buy a new servo and you should be fine.

losi rocks !!!GOD BLESS!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
KyJoe340

Anyone can fix literally anything by throwing money at it. Pay me now or pay me later. It just seems that supposedly fixing problems by putting a highend .21 racemotor and a $100 servo will do nothing but serverly impact the retail price of any RTR be it losi or any other manufacturer.
Again, you just don't read. I said a good .21, for example a Go-tech can be had for $40 more than the Mach. The reason I brought it up ( of course you are unwilling to listen) is that the carbs were sticking on both mine and my buddy's 427. It's just funny to me, who said anything about a high end race motor, heck put a VG in it, same money as the 427 and the carb won't stick.

And when did I say anything about a $100 servo? A 650 is fine for $50, even the 590 as I posted earlier. You have to make stuff up to argue about!!!

"anyone can fix anything by throwing money at it", Again, not true. Without proper setup the RTR 8ight will indescriminately eat expensive and cheap servos. Also, my $1,200 Callaways didn't help my golf game.
I love this thread... ego smashed with hard facts losi has been in the rc bizz for over 20 years i doubt there flagship truggy and buggy would be releaced with all these "FLAWS" then again I am not a pro myself so I do make mistakes... I am only human
Please, don't take my word for it, you want some hard facts, do a search. The 8ight, especially the RTR was released with this flaw. What.... do you guys live in a cave or something? This is probably the most known and discussed Losi topic, that's the hard facts, sorry about your ego.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:06 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Again, you just don't read. I said a good .21, for example a Go-tech can be had for $40 more than the Mach. The reason I brought it up ( of course you are unwilling to listen) is that the carbs were sticking on both mine and my buddy's 427. It's just funny to me, who said anything about a high end race motor, heck put a VG in it, same money as the 427 and the carb won't stick.
I read just fine thank you, but you seem particularly irritable and argumentative and apparently have no interest in listening to reason or justifying anything you say other than attempting to point out supposed grievous errors that don't exist. The other thing you fail to rationalize is that a "good .21" to you is in reality no better than the factory 427 and definately not what I would consider good.
And either way you have single-handedly added $40 to the retail price.

And who ever said anything about a $100 servo? A 650 is fine for $50, even the 590 as I posted earlier. You have to make stuff up to argue about.
I did because that is what I did. But how you have the nerve to suggest another relatibvely inexpensive servo to fix a supposed issue is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg and calling it good. You're the one complaining and arguing, and I'm just suggesting rational ways to address the issues you have.
But again you single-handedly added another $50 to the retail price, so now we're almost 100 bucks more expensive.

"anyone can fix anything by throwing money at it", Again, not true. Without proper setup the RTR 8ight will indescriminately eat expensive and cheap servos. Also, my $1,200 Callaways didn't help my golf game.
That's not true. My own has lasted a season and a half with quality servos and no other upgrades.
As far as your golf analogy, I'll refer to your own words, "You have to make stuff up to argue about."

Please, don't take my word for it, you want some hard facts, do a search. The 8ight, especially the RTR was released with this flaw. What.... do you guys live in a cave or something? This is probably the most known and discussed Losi topic, that's the hard facts, sorry about your ego.
Doing a little search I did not come across any particular noteworthy number of corresponding threads. But I did find one realtive to the same servo complaints aobut your beloved Mugen that is current. You really come off as a very rude person making all sorts of crude comments about people, their reading skills, and their living conditions. I suggest that if you are going to point things out as facts, please make sure and log back in with these facts and list them and only them instead of just your biased opinions.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Anomie

The content is bordering on insulting and flaming behavior, so tone it down a bit. There is no need to expand the discussion into negative waters. The debate thus far has been great, but please keep this policy in mind when furthering the thread:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
Thank you.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
KyJoe340

Thanks Reiko.

rkt mtrsprts,
Doing a little search I did not come across any particular noteworthy number of corresponding threads.
So in your opinion this is the only noteworthy thread of anyone having RTR 8ight throttle servo problems posted on this forum?! Or is this one even noteworthy? Stick around, this is a bi-weekly if not weekly occurance on this forum for the past year and a half.

Try "Losi throttle servo", 199 hits , that should get you started. I typed in several variations here and on rc tech and came up with over 1100 hits.

Some people are so loyal to what they have that it blinds them to the truth.
rkt,
I'm not going to attack you personally the way you have me, but I have to say that.... well ....it's rediculous to say the RTR 8ight has no throttle servo issue when it's so well documented with a simple search.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

rkt,
I'm not going to attack you personally the way you have me, but I have to say that.... well ....it's rediculous to say the RTR 8ight has no throttle servo issue when it's so well documented with a simple search.
Read back and I don't think I've even come close to insulting anyone's intelligence such as your "you just don't read" post or by angrily repeating myself over and over. You made your point, we heard you, and several of us have tried to rationally point out why we do no agree with your points. Point, counterpoint. Let it go.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
KyJoe340

Let it go
You too. Wow, this has been fun. No hard feelings.....none on this end.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
buglite62

I raced (club) all last year with the RTR with no problems with the stock servo's. I had plenty of time to tinker with it before the season started here in MI so most of the bugs where worked out. I thank the southern racers that get to do it all year for the help and idea's. Now this year other than changing the diff fluids it was the same set up and burned up the 270 and an extra 590 on the same day. The only thing that changed was the track, last year the track was soft sand and the track I started at this year is hard clay. I do have the orings in it but you can see how far the oring is flexing (I powdercoated the rtr chassis) by the scraches in the paint. I didn't have that at all last year in the sand. I don't have any complaints, the 427 never quits (carb sticks every now and again, add oil to it and sand the slider down and it's good) and has been reliable. I'm in the process of putting on the new flex chassis (I think it flexes by hand more than the rtr one) anybody use one yet? I'll throw a hitek in there and go thru the set up again and see how it goes. I have more trouble with my xxx-nt than the 8. I'm happy just to drive one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.