Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

break in started but rain stopped it

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

break in started but rain stopped it

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:10 PM
maccauley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default break in started but rain stopped it

i finally got my GO 3R started for the first time. I was able to get a tank through the engine but i wont be able to run anymore tanks for the rest of today because of rain. will my engine be ok if it just sits over night. i didnt run all of the fuel in the tank through the engine because i was afraid of the engine leaning out towards the end of the tank. i cant put after run oil in the engine if there is still fuel in the engine right? what should i do? is it ok to run the entire tank out? thank you for your time.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM
K_B

Default RE: break in started but rain stopped it

I wouldn't sweat it. It'll be fine for tomorrow. You could put some after run in there, but it isn't necessary. There's residual oil in the fuel that is still in the crankcase. That will keep rust at bay until tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:09 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

just be sure to put the piston at bottom dead center(bdc) when you stop the engine
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
*FULL-REVS*

^^^^ what he said..... remember to always make sure your piston is at BTC after every run... my 7 port has nearly 9 gallons on it and i still make sure its at bdc... its a very good habit to get into.... even if a car flames out while im marshaling ill make sure it is too... but yes it will be fine without ARO for awhile.... good luck with the rest of your break in
Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

thats awsome when guys marshaling make sure your engines at bdc if your car stalls
Old 12-21-2008, 02:19 AM
powers900

How do you put your pistons at bdc. Sorry I am new at this. If have a Losi 8 RTR should I be doing the same thing? I know its a dumb question however I am not previ to any of the knowledge. Trying to learn.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Dokioto

You can take the glow plug out and turn the engine over until the piston is at the bottom of it stroke (the farthest down it gets)..
If you just turn the flywheel you can usually feel it. If it gets really tight it's at TDC and the looses point should be BDC.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:24 PM
*FULL-REVS*

yip... just do it by feel.... even with a cold motor you can tell when its at BDC just roll the flywheel with your finger and make sure its nice and free
Old 12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
j_blaze

its rare for older motors but they do get stuck up top sometimes. as long as the flywheel is loose you're good. after run is for winter storage i thought like if the motor is going to be put up for months. its not a magic rejuvinator protectant protect-all like its marketed to be.