Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Losi 8 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 AM
powers900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 8 wont start

I picked up the losi 8 RTR. I have followed all of the instructions and i cannot get the engine to start. The guy at the hobby store said to crank the sping start 4 or 5 times for 2 to 3 seconds each time. He then said to remove the spin start and put the glow plug on and it should start.

My problem i am new and do not know what to be listening for using the spin start. I thought i may haved flooded the engine so i lossend the glow plug. The book says then use the spin start and fuel should come out of where the glow plug is. I didnt see any fuel. I tighten the glow plug back up and repeated. I replaced the battery in the glow plug ignitor and nothing is working.

How long should i be using the sping start and how long should i keep the ignitor on the glow plug. i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

stupid question. Am i suposed to do the spin start and the glow plug at the exact same time? Please help!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 AM
HYPER8.5 MAN

Default RE: Losi 8 wont start

Yeah mate put your glow lighter on while your useing your spin start and make sure you got fuel at your carb
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
powers900

sweeeetttt!!!!! It was short lived as i woke up the entire house including the neighbors. I only got to run it for 3 minutes and had to turn it off (not my decision). I took a hair dryer to it and leaned out the high speed needle and sure enough it started. It was feaking awesome.

One problem though not sure how to empty out the gas tank without it pouring all over the parts. I have to empty it as it is too late for me to run it. I will have to wait until tomorrow to break the engine in. Any sugestions on how to empty the tank. I think i am going to carefully open the top and pour it out as careful as possible.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Losi Driva

The best way to get the fuel out is to buy a fuel bottle. Stick the tip into the fuel tank hole and sqeeze the bottle and it will suck the fuel back into the bottle
or you can just take off the fuel line that goes to the pipe and also take off the fuel like that goes to the engine and put that end into a bottle and then blow through the line that went to youe pipe. DONT SUCK IT! nitro does not taste nice. make sure to retach the lines afterwards.

HAVE FUN
Old 12-23-2008, 03:46 AM
powers900

Well!!!! Over the past few days I have had a ton of trouble again just trying to turn over the engine. I got so fustrated I had to make a run to the LHS. They looked at my buggy and had it started in less than a minute. Something that I learned from reading several posts was a "I told you so". Come to find out as I put 2 and 2 together they used their own glow ignitor instead of the one that comes with the RTR packaged. This was my problem the whole time. The one that comes with the package is horrible. I had to buy a new one and that has fixed all of my problems for now.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 AM
losiben888

The glow igniter that comes with the rtr is fine...must have been the battery you put in it!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Or you can buy an airplane pump for $8 or so and pull out the fuel with that.