Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

full suspension travel

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:42 PM
rc rock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full suspension travel

how do i get full suspension travel?? i had much more travel before i tuned the droop and oil visconsity. it worries me because it doesn't feel as smooth over the bumps as it did before

p.s my buggy is a caster racing zx-1r but i believe it's the same with all buggy's
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: full suspension travel

Are you talking about uptrave or down travel? There are 2 ways to adjust your ride height. If you use your droop screws to adjust it and screw them in on your chassis to lower your ride height then you will have less down travel of your shocks therefore less suspension travel. I adjust my ride height using the clip spacers for the shocks, this way no matter where you set your ride height your suspension has full travel. I usually screw my droop screws in just till they start to raise my arms and then stop this way no pressure is put on the shock rod ends when fully suspended. Then use the shock spacers.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
rc rock

Default RE: full suspension travel

uptravel is were the problem is, that sounds like my problem. i screwed the droop screw in way to much i think. will back it out and try your method.
thanks vnmsgt, it was driving me crazy...