Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Tachometer help, PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 AM
jazzpaintball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tachometer help, PLEASE

I want to install a tachometer on my buggy. It is for a Nomadio React and a Hyper 8.5 pro buggy. The instructions in the manual are a little confusing on where/how i should install this, can anyone help me out?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Tachometer help, PLEASE

I have the React! Nice radio just to bad the support and availability of the RX and sensors is so poor. Been waiting to get another RX for MONTHS finally had them in stock bought one and it was bad out of the box. Buy the time I returned it they where out of stock again.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:13 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: jazzpaintball

I want to install a tachometer on my buggy. It is for a Nomadio React and a Hyper 8.5 pro buggy. The instructions in the manual are a little confusing on where/how i should install this, can anyone help me out?
There are a few areas that could give teh casual RCer problems when installing RC speed sensors (tach, speedo).

Do you have problems installing the hardware? Do you have the tach magnets installed already? If so, can you post a pic of your magnet installation work?

Are your having problems setting up the roll-out or doing the wheel calculations?

Old 12-25-2008, 11:57 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The only sensor I use on my React is the temperature sensor. Works well and is very accurate.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
jazzpaintball

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: jazzpaintball

There are a few areas that could give teh casual RCer problems when installing RC speed sensors (tach, speedo).

Do you have problems installing the hardware? Do you have the tach magnets installed already? If so, can you post a pic of your magnet installation work?

Are your having problems setting up the roll-out or doing the wheel calculations?

no, i have yet to try and install it. I dont want to mess it up since it is hard to find the sensors as it is. I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how to set it up (the manual is very confusing on this part and not very specific) and could give me good advice where to put the magnets. i can do wheel calcs with out a problem
Old 12-25-2008, 08:52 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Can you post a pic of the inside of your wheel rim and also pic of the wheel hub upright?

Then, can you take another pic of teh wheel on teh RC, but point your cam to where you are taking a pic of teh clearance of teh inside of the rim to the hub upright? This will give me an idea of where you can mount teh sensor magnets.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:15 PM
jazzpaintball

not really, i am in Iraq, just want the knowledge to be able to do it once i get back home (could be next month if i am lucky ) i will see what i can do, i might be able to get my fiance to take the picks
Old 12-25-2008, 11:20 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Cool, let me know when you get back.

Installing teh magnets is a very simple affair, whether it is the React, Sensor, Venom speedo, or Spektrum telemetry.

You just have to choose ta good place to mount the sensor magnet on the hub upright
Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
lez1troubles

Hay JAZZPAINTBALL, you back from irak yet?????