Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Pipe tip broken

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:06 PM
bweiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe tip broken

I broke the tip off my pipe. I have a CEN Matrix with a SH .28 engine. Do I need the tip or can I leave it? Also, why are pipes and engines sold seperetely? Isn't a pipe tuned to a specific engine?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 PM
K_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe tip broken

Certain manufacturers will make tuned pipes specifically for their engines; RB engines tend to run the best with RB pipes, but that is subjective. But many aftermarket companies just make pipes to enhance certain characteristics and generally come in three flavors: torque pipes, midrange pipes and high-speed pipes. There are a few exceptions to this rule though. The Jammin' JP-4 is supposed to help enhance power over the entire powerband and does it well from what I've heard.

The missing tip shouldn't cause any problems other than make a huge oil mess down the side (or inside) of your buggy. But it might cause performance issues. Run it and see how it does.