Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

red clay track and car cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
empty canibal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red clay track and car cleaning

hello to all,newbie here.....I am having problems geting my car clean after running on dry red clay dirt...even after air compressor entire car for 30 minutes and using "nitro blast" car cleaner,the fine,ugly red film still seems to show...any suggestions how to make car look like new again?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM
youwish16

Default RE: red clay track and car cleaning

ORIGINAL: empty canibal

hello to all,newbie here.....I am having problems geting my car clean after running on dry red clay dirt...even after air compressor entire car for 30 minutes and using "nitro blast" car cleaner,the fine,ugly red film still seems to show...any suggestions how to make car look like new again?
take out the motor and radio tray. spray it down with simple green them blow it of with a air compressor or hose it down with water. if you water it down, spray it with wd-40 or something to that nature after
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
mist467

yup...some degreaser or simple green all over and air hose...i steer away from the hose
Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

All depends if I am doing a major service or a quick cleaning before the next round of racing whether I take anything off. I use either denatured alcohol or Wild Cat extreme cleaner mist it down hit the big build up with a tooth brush mist it down again and blow it off with compressed air.

Then every couple of months if I am racing a lot I take it totally apart and give it a very good cleaning and services. Sorry to say Georgia red clay stains and you will never get your car to look new again if you drive it.

Savannah has a great track a great group of racers!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 AM
empty canibal

thanks 46u, yes the georgia red clay is very tough to clean.......otherwise,yes,we have a great track! wish there more around here,but there are not.... It seems like it takes me more time to clean the car than I actually spend on run time.... what is the advantage of red clay? why couldn't they use the course savannah river sand dirt that has the same compaction? would love to see that track resurfaced.....are you coming to the big race on the 10th ?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry to say I have not raced in all most 8 months. Matter of fact my last race was in Savannah. I wish Savannah was closer as it is my favorite track in Georgia. Sorry to say the closes track to me is 75 miles one direction and Savannah is 175 miles one way. I would love to be there on the 10th but not sure I will be able to.

Sorry to say nothing packs or has the traction as good old Georgia Red Clay.