Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

After Cleaning Settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 PM
powers900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Cleaning Settings

The good news is I was able to accomplish the cleaning and managed to get all parts put back togehter. I took if for a test run and noticed some diffrent changes that had happend from taking off all of the recommended parts for cleaing. The simple green and wd40 worked very well.

Things I noticed that was diffrent on the test run after cleaning

#1 The gear from the motor coming off the clutch bell that meets the middle diff was slightly looser than previous. I messed around with the motor positioning and I could only get two diffrent settings. One setting was way to close and made it hard to turn by hand. The second setting that I went with was slight looser. I couldnt find an in between so I went with the looser option. Its not really loose only slightly looser than the factory. Is this ok?

#2 My steering sharpness was horrible. In order to do a full turn at higher speeds I had to make a wide looping turn to get the car to make a full turn. Not sure why this would happen? Can I fix this with radio controls on the reciever or do I need to adjust settings on the servos?

#3 At high speeds the front suspension would dip and the bottom of the car would hit the pavement. Didnt mess with any of the suspesnion while cleaning. Can I just adjust the front suspension springs to solve this problem?

This was a huge accomplishment on its own. I am really bad at putting things back together and not very mechanically inclined. I took multiple paper cups and labeled notes to put inside each cup so that knew where each hex bolt/part went when putting back together. Thanks for everyones help. I have to admit I was a big pain today but If you have help why not.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:35 AM
gearjammen

Default RE: After Cleaning Settings

try loosning the allen bolts on the bottom of the chassie get a thin piece of paper put between the spur gear and clutch bell slide the motor to the clutch bell tighten the bolts. try taking the servo horn off and the steering trim to zero on the controller point the wheels straight slide the horn back on fine tune with controler. check to make sure your battery is charged in your reciver pack when mine gets low my steering gets weak. check to see if your servo saver has enough tension on it. if it bottoms out while braking you might have to adj your brake bias less front brake more rear brake good luck.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:17 AM
powers900

Default RE: After Cleaning Settings

Sweet thanks for your help!!!!!!!