Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 7 TQ BK engine piston break after 8 tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 TQ BK engine piston break after 8 tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
airwave1007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 TQ BK engine piston break after 8 tanks?

Hi All,

I purchased 3 Hyper 7's before Christmas got all 3 of them broken in all of them running like a train and have started to tune them. When we got to the third car to start tuning it. After 5 min of running in the car just went mental and then stopped. I stripped the engine and found that something seemed to have come of the piston at the bottom have attached pic. Couple of questions;

1: Did i do something wrong? I ran it in following instructions and have never actually had it running at full pelt.
2: Should this problem be covered under warranty as in is it a fault of the manufacturer?

If I need to order a part can you tell me what it is I need to order?

Thanks again for all the help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29892.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1101803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63670.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1101804  
Old 01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
nissan300ztt

Default RE: Hyper 7 TQ BK engine piston break after 8 tanks?

First and foremost OFNA is usually good about taking care of warranty issues with their cars. If you show them these pictures and have your receipt Im sure they will replace the engine. I have a picco .26 maxx and it had a bad air leak on the front bearing they replaced it no issues. Call them up monday I believe DJ will talk to you. Just tell him what happened. He might ask you for pics but just send them. Seems like you snapped the journal. Where the connecting rods connects to the crankshaft.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
airwave1007

Default RE: Hyper 7 TQ BK engine piston break after 8 tanks?

Been searching online for a contact number or even an email adress tried filling out the form on Ofna site but does not work. I am actually in Ireland and could not find anything for Europe so if anyone has a number or email it would be great. I googled and yahood and nothing.