Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

O'Donnell Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
DrDremel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O'Donnell Buggy

I'm looking for some info (un-biased please!) on the ZO1B Buggy. I currently run a RC8 and love it, but feel it's time to try something diffrent. I've only ever seen 2 ZO1B's run, so I really have no idea of anything about them, besides what I've seen in pictures and read....Anyone on here run one? Anyone have any experience with one? Any and all info is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
SManMTB

Default RE: O'Donnell Buggy

I looked at one at a race last year. It looked like a Kyosho Kanai II/III.
Looked good on the track.

If this is un-biased I don't know.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
ASATRUGGYFAN

I had one really liked the buggy, but the only advantage it "might" have over the RC8 is durability. I have seen some of the the RC8 (not taking a shot at Associated) seem a little fragile. If your not having any breakage issuses (the ZO1-B was durable and had good parts wear) you won't see any performance gain. I would reccomend either the updated Xray 808 or Caster ZX1.5R don't know if you seen one but don't under estimate it, one of the best driving buggies I have ever driven.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
MX250

the new o'donnell buggy looks great!!! and had excellent results first time out at the Motorama race.. two buggies in the top 3, the new buggy layout looks like the D8 buggy...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
DrDremel

ORIGINAL: MX250
the new buggy layout looks like the D8 buggy...
Thats very unlikely considering the ZO1-B has been in development before the D8 was even concieved....Besides, if you ask me, the D8 is a whole lotta nothing, I've seen em, and driven em, nothing special there.....

As far as Xrays, I have nothing against the cars themselves, but, I can not justify the extremely expensive parts....

And, HELL NO to both caster AND losi.....never will I own either one....
Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
FoamyVictim

Just curious... why?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
DrDremel

Well, I hate the layout of the caster buggies, they look more like MBX-5R's to me....

As far as losi goes, I can't seem to find one that stays in one piece....or doesn't come from taiwain without some major f-up.......if I'm going to be paying $450+ on a buggy, it better damn well be built with some quality, and unfortunatly, quality is one thing losi no longer has a hold of since it has been owned by horizon....I loved pre-horizon losi, but not this new garbage.....I don't want to spend money on a product and hope that I get that one out of ten others made that day that isn't defective.....

That, and no matter the argument, there is no one on this green earth that can convince me that the "smart diffs" is a justifiable cost.....its just another rip off, and if thats what the buggy requires to run at th highest level of compettion, then it's a failure, because the RC8, 808, MP9, and a few others can run, AND BEAT 2.0's with smart diffs....

losi just ain't got it anymore.....
Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
nissan300ztt

My buddy shawn owns an Odonnell Buggy. He doesnt race hes a basher, he said its like owning a tank. Damn Near Bullet Proof. Again thats just one opinion.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
MX250

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

ORIGINAL: MX250
the new buggy layout looks like the D8 buggy...
Thats very unlikely considering the ZO1-B has been in development before the D8 was even concieved....Besides, if you ask me, the D8 is a whole lotta nothing, I've seen em, and driven em, nothing special there.....

As far as Xrays, I have nothing against the cars themselves, but, I can not justify the extremely expensive parts....

I don't know but the front end looks like the D8

New O'Donnell buggy

D8 Buggy

Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 PM
DrDremel

I think it's the other way around, the first ZO1-B rolled out in 06, way before the d8's appearance this last year....
Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
MX250

wrong again... the new look of the O'Donnell buggy looks like the D8. anyone else wants to make an opinion???
Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
A.B.U

No, no it doesn't.

The radio tray, just because it has two separate boxes, looks nothing like the D8. Looks more something of the 8ight, but with different materials.
I hate how O'Donnell opted for the split nose.. those are hideous imo, but whatever.

buggy looks good.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
cltcrns

If your running an RC8 and love it stick with it, unless you feel the buggy is holding you or your driving skills back but then again that can all be set up and learning your buggy better and what it can really do. The O'Donnell buggy is an excellent buggy you won't be disappointed in any way if you where to decide to get one. I am so tired of people saying one buggy is a copy of another! Have you people never raced anything?!?!?!?! Look at ALL forms of racing.............they all copy or improve on what others are doing, it's called evolution of racing and development! Get over the buggy looks like another buggy thing, dang it man! Some of you guys are like old ladies at bingo night, complain about everything and then when manufacturers come out with new ideas you all complain about that too! Its development technology growing pains when these manufactures come out with new products, some of it works some does not but that is ok also because it lets us know what not to do...................rant over!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 PM
infernos777

I think it's the other way around, the first ZO1-B rolled out in 06, way before the d8's appearance this last year....
The Z01B was rolled out in 07, not 06, with a Kyosho 7.5 front end. the buggy is really heavy and doesn't work that well, just look at Tebos results with it, he struggled.

The "new" revised OD car front end looks just like the D8 because it IS the D8 parts and radio tray design. may as well just acknolwedge it, it's no secret. the parts look identical.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:57 AM
gdc02

the new O'Donnell team version was designed only 2-3 months ago..
it more likes a losi then a D8
the integral kick-up/antisquat plates are real trick
they shaved 300 grs of weight too
never liked much the O'Donnell style but here I am almost sure it's a winner..
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
DS

Well, I hate the layout of the caster buggies, they look more like MBX-5R's to me....

As far as losi goes, I can't seem to find one that stays in one piece....or doesn't come from taiwain without some major f-up.......if I'm going to be paying $450+ on a buggy, it better damn well be built with some quality, and unfortunatly, quality is one thing losi no longer has a hold of since it has been owned by horizon....I loved pre-horizon losi, but not this new garbage.....I don't want to spend money on a product and hope that I get that one out of ten others made that day that isn't defective.....

That, and no matter the argument, there is no one on this green earth that can convince me that the "smart diffs" is a justifiable cost.....its just another rip off, and if thats what the buggy requires to run at th highest level of compettion, then it's a failure, because the RC8, 808, MP9, and a few others can run, AND BEAT 2.0's with smart diffs....

losi just ain't got it anymore.....
The odonnel buggy looks nice BUT i would go with the Mugen mbx6 fast, durable as hell!!!, light, awsome acceleration, and jumps great!....