Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

just bought a new hyper 7 black edition

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

just bought a new hyper 7 black edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
foxfloat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a new hyper 7 black edition

i just bought a new hyper 7 this is my first rc car. can anyone tell me some of the basics that i should know before starting my car. also could someone show me were i could find the manual for the car on the internet
Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 PM
DrDremel

Default RE: just bought a new hyper 7 black edition

go to ofna.com

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 PM
foxfloat

ok i read a little on how to tune the carbs on ofna's web site but could someone tell me what the carbs should be a for break in period. and also i wanted to know if i could add a bump start to my hyper 7
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: foxfloat

ok i read a little on how to tune the carbs on ofna's web site but could someone tell me what the carbs should be a for break in period. and also i wanted to know if i could add a bump start to my hyper 7
You want to lean the LSN until the engine starts then get it to get a stable idle then do the break in process of your choice (heat cycle is best).
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM
foxfloat

from what i've read that the high speed needle should be a around 3 for break in and you said that i should run the low speed needle leen so should i have it 2 or under until the engine starts? and once it starts should i move it up to the high speed needle?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
breezerboat

Don't get frustrated during the break in process.   After you get a few tanks of gas through it during break in, life will all the sudden get easier.   I suggest you go get a better glow ignitor, those Dcell ones suck bad and are hard to get cars started.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: foxfloat

from what i've read that the high speed needle should be a around 3 for break in and you said that i should run the low speed needle leen so should i have it 2 or under until the engine starts? and once it starts should i move it up to the high speed needle?
Don't touch the needles until you start it. heat the engine up with a hair dryer or heat gun (ideally) to 250 degrees (heat on the head) then start it right away. Make sure you have a temp guage or at least a lot of spit for break in, as you will have to measure temps often. So if it doesn't start within the first 20 pulls or so, lean LSN 1/8 of a turn, then keep doing it. After time you willl hear the engine trying to fire up.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 AM
tommygun32

Also, if you're going to use the heat cycle method make sure the piston is at bottom dead center while the engine cools. Actually, get in the habit of ALWAYS putting the piston at bottom dead center as soon as you can after the engine turns off. This will keep the piston sleeve nice and tight at the top. Enjoy your new addiction....