Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

AquaCraft Cajun Commander Brushless RTR Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 06:01 PM
leekus88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft Cajun Commander Brushless RTR Review

This is my first radio controlled air boat but far from my first air boat. As a child growing up in Minnesota I converted my rubber band powered planes that had become too damaged to fly into rubber band powered boats of my own design. At one time I had a fleet of rubber band air boats. While I could direct them to go in a circle I couldn't always get them to come back as they stopped with the end of the rubber band power. I usually had to swim or walk out and get them. Some fond memories of those days came back to me as I prepared for this review. I have to admit that I was looking forward to seeing how the Cajun Commander would perform and having an air boat I could actually steer back to the shore.

The Cajun Commander comes Ready-To-Run. Just add 6 AA batteries with four for the transmitter and two for the on board lights and a 3-cell 11.1V LiPo battery pack with a Dean's or Star plug of 2200mAh to 5000mAh size and your ready to go. The Cajun Commander can be operated on water, snow or grass and exciting maneuvers can be performed with her power and her flat bottom ABS plastic hull. She comes with some nice details and a 12 LED spotlight system that runs on a separate 2 AA battery system. She also has 3D printable files available for those with a 3D printer so more scale details can be added including: a duck call, a foot rest and a gun rack.

Kit Contents
  • Fully assembled Cajun Commander boat
  • Includes high-performance ABS plastic flat bottom hull with printed camo scheme
  • 1800kV outrunner brushless motor installed
  • Waterproof, air-cooled 50A ESC w/ Star Plug
  • Factory painted metal propeller cage with decorative V8 engine with headers
  • Propeller 9x7 3-blade fiber reinforced plastic
  • TSX102 servo for steering
  • Twelve LED light system powered by 2 AA batteries
  • Tactic receiver
  • Tactic TTX300 3-Ch 2.4GHz SLT transmitter
  • 90 Day limited warranty
Old 06-29-2023, 02:49 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

What’s the overall size of the hull?

p.s. I’m from Minnesota as well as an avid airboat builder.