Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 Thinking about getting a boat >

Thinking about getting a boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Thinking about getting a boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a boat

So I had an RChelictoper and I got very bored with it really fast. With all the lakes around here I figured I would get a boat. I was originally looking at the Proboat Apache but I have heard people get very bored with it due to performance. I thought about getting something Nitro but being a newbie I decided since I am not the most mechanical guy I should stay away. I am now looking at some used electric Blackjacks. One of them comes with everything minus a charger and another comes with everything but said I have to install the reciever and plug in the wires and bind it. The other ones comes with everything and is ready to go. Do you guys think any of these would be a good choice? I am not looking to race but more so just something to play around with and have fun.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Thinking about getting a boat

looks like your in the same boat I'm in. I like the blackjack 26 my friend has a Traxxas Spartan I reall y like that but I have seen they have heat problem, I also like the shockwave but just do know which one is good Later blackshadow
Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: geradmg513

So I had an RChelictoper and I got very bored with it really fast. With all the lakes around here I figured I would get a boat. I was originally looking at the Proboat Apache but I have heard people get very bored with it due to performance. I thought about getting something Nitro but being a newbie I decided since I am not the most mechanical guy I should stay away. I am now looking at some used electric Blackjacks. One of them comes with everything minus a charger and another comes with everything but said I have to install the reciever and plug in the wires and bind it. The other ones comes with everything and is ready to go. Do you guys think any of these would be a good choice? I am not looking to race but more so just something to play around with and have fun.
If you get bored fast and want an electric check out the Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 or the Aquacraft UL-1 Superior. They are quick out of the box, don't cost a fortune and they offer accessories so that you can easily upgrade the components.

Good luck,

-Rich.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM

I finally got my first boat. I ended up getting this thing for $250 brand new with everything minus batteries and chargers.

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...odID=PRB4000BD

I am just trying to decide what type of batteries and charger now. They guy I got it from never ran it and everything was assembled and he bought a brand new transmitter too. So I bascially $410 worth of stuff for almost half the price
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM

Good for you, have fun.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 AM

The Pro Boat Stiletto and these are the recommended batteries

• DYN5351D 7.4V 3200mAh 25C Li-Po
with Deans Connector

• DYN5352D 7.4V 4200mAh 25C Li-Po
with Deans Connector

• DYN5360D 7.4V 5300mAh 25C Li-Po
with Deans Connector

• DYN5361D 7.4V 6000mAh 25C Li-Po
with Deans Connector

What would be a good choice for the battery as well as a charger. I don't want something super expensive but also something that works