Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

boats

Old 08-19-2003, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boats

does anyone know where i can get a cheap fast RC electric boat i dont know where to get some
Old 08-19-2003, 07:20 PM

Default boats

I build them for people so if you know what you may want as far as hull design and if you are looking for a fun boat or a racer and what your budget is.

Do you want to run 6-7 cells or 12-14 cells?
Old 08-21-2003, 03:35 AM

Default boats

well I like v hulls and tullel hulls and I have a 8 cell battery and I like boats built with hard plastic or fiberglass and can you build something that could run on two speed 400 motrs
Old 08-21-2003, 03:37 AM

Default boats

I alco like racers but a fast fun boat will also be ok
Old 08-21-2003, 07:46 PM

Default boats

There is a cat out by MHZ that comes with 2 motors and drive tubes and the cat is glass and nice but they are going for around $190...then you need the hardware...strut, etc. The hull alone is around $120. Or oyu can go with a ABS Scat cat which my son has and is very fun with 8 cells and a 600 motor. Good run time...won't roll over at full speed and does great jumps and run time is very good.

I could build it with hardware (custom) but you will still need an ESC, radio and packs.

They are hot little boats. You can save yourself some trouble by going with one motor and standard drive...unless you are dead set on dual drives...they look cool but are a bit hard to tune...each motor runs a bit different.

I am finishing a Force 22" v-hull that will have a 600 motor in it and would be perfect and fast for 8 cells. My 8 cell packs are 2x4 which works best in Cats and small v-hulls.

It can be built to run flex shaft, wire drive or straight hardshaft.

I build the struts, brackets and all else. Never a failure on any of it.

All you would need is ESC, radio and cells to get it going. You can paint it yourself or have me paint it to your specs.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:49 AM

Default boats

do you have just some cheap hulls I have all the eqepment for a boat but no hull as my last on cracked in a crash