Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:42 PM
LoverboyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

SO CAN ENYBODY TELL ME WHAT WILL HAPENT
IF I PUT NITRO (N2O) IN THE CARB OF GLOW ENGINE ?????????
LIKE THE WAY THEY DO IT IN CARS!

I HAVE A CMB 80 AND I WANT TO TRY IT......

WILL I BRAKE IT?
Old 03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
MerlinL14

Default RE: REAL NITRO IN GLOW ENGINES!!!!!!

You will never know till you try it . Post the results for us to have a look at, might be interesting.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Al Stein

OK, You have me curious... what's N20? And what's a CMB 80? And are you talking about nitro glycerine, nitro methane, nitro toluene, or what?

It's probably resonable to assume that you mean you want to dump straight nitro-methane into an engine... which should be interesting, but it won't do much good for the engine. It's not a great fuel by itself: it's used in glow engines as an "oxidation enhancer," not as a fuel... so you're not likely to see good performance... and by adding it you're diluting any lubricant, so there's nothing to protect your engine from wearing itself out in one or two runs. So if you're asking about using straight straight nitro methane as a fuel, that's what I'd expect. Is that what the question was?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:00 PM
ibuildstuff

heh, none of you genius' figured out he was talkin about NITROUS OXIDE? n2o is nitrous oxide, and it probably wont do anything but shut the engine off.

Hes played one too many video games, hence the "nitro" comment.. (ie. used in the respect ... "once i get around this turn ill hit the nitro's")

Jesse
Old 03-06-2004, 02:24 PM
BajaBob-delete

[sm=bananahead.gif] brake it? bake it ? or break it?
Old 03-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Pagemaster

Somewhere out there is a guy selling a nitrous oxide kit for a T-Maxx
At the time I surfed his site he was making some videos. I wish I could remember the site.
But I found it from one of the forums.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 03-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Nitrous oxide is what you're talking about. At least you didn't say NOS which is actually a Company named Nitrous Oxide Systems. That stupid movie, The Fast and The Furious has got people saying NOS so I want to hurl every time that I hear that used!
I know of one guy that did try it out on his 7.5 OB tunnel and it tossed parts all over the pond.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:34 AM
LoverboyG

Nitrous oxide systems make additional horsepower by allowing an engine to burn more fuel than it could normally do. Burning more fuel creates higher cylinder pressures that will push down on the pistons with greater force. This gives much more power!

Nitrous operates whenever you want it to, by pushing a button, or at full throttle - you can choose when and for how long. It will NOT hurt your engine if set up carefully and reasonable amounts are used!

Basically Nitrous Oxide is stored in a metal tank or "bottle" in the boot (trunk) of your car. It is a compound of Nitrogen and Oxygen. When it gets heated up inside the engine during combustion, it breaks down from the Compound N2O called Nitrous Oxide into two separate gasses, Oxygen and Nitrogen. This is a good thing! Because the extra oxygen now present allows more fuel to be burned and the Nitrogen although "inert" absorbs the extra heat and expands...

The extra fuel that is now also required is injected at the same time as the N2O via an additional solenoid valve and injector into the intake system. This is carefully metered with a jet to ensure that exactly the correct amount is added. Its a little more complex than this, but that is a basically all there is to it.

So YOUR car can have Nitrous Oxide Injection (*NOS) added easily and without any damage or other drama! Actually almost any car, bike, plane, jet-ski, snowmobile, micro-light Aircraft, can too!

[sm=tired.gif]ibuildstuff i dont like to play video games....
i own tha suzuki TL1000R superbike so i m with her at my free time.......

now i fount a guy thats he have tryed it!!!

also i fount and turbo!

the cmb80 its a marine glow engine that gives 4,9 hp at 27.500 rpms

so here some fotos for you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15242.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	108633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70377.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	108634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24986.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	108635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27432.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	108636  
Old 03-07-2004, 03:42 AM
LoverboyG

AND THE TURBO SYSTEM

CHIAO

gone to make a very fast hydro
Old 03-07-2004, 03:44 AM
LoverboyG

gr

Name:	Ge96765.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	108637  
Old 03-07-2004, 05:32 AM
ibuildstuff

thats not a turbo, that is a supercharger, big difference, turbo runs off exhuast gasses, and a supercharger runs off the pully's

Jesse
Old 03-07-2004, 05:42 AM
LoverboyG

mmmmmmmm

sysem r all okey

but!

how about a dyno so we can make thinks work together!!!!

anybody ever see a dyno for glow model engines?????
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
ibuildstuff

loverboy do you accually know what your talkin about? or did you copy and paste what you put up there? Seems like your typing went from really bad, to perfect, to bad again.. anywho, anyone that tells you nitrous doesnt hurt a engine, car, or model, is lying.. anything that makes an engine put out more power will lessen the life of said engine.

Jesse
Old 03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
LoverboyG

when say life of the engine..what parts of the engine do u mean?????

hey man we r modelers!

i dont care if i blow it up if for once only give me 200 m/h!!!

yes i copy /paste the answer from an email of a friend that works on my bike!

i only whrite good greek!

SO ANY DYNOS IDEAS????
Old 03-07-2004, 02:46 PM
ibuildstuff

i dont care if i blow it up if for once only give me 200 m/h!!!
i like to dream also.

when say life of the engine..what parts of the engine do u mean?????
umm.. the whole thing, when you take and add a somthing to build performace, you loose engine life.

how old did you say you were?

Jesse
Old 03-09-2004, 01:29 PM
LoverboyG

I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS!
NOW I THINK I CAN FINT WHAT THE n20 DO ON AN ENGINE!

Name:	Us55308.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	109611  
Old 03-15-2004, 07:52 PM
canadianjosh

First off loverboy, if you were genious enough to build or buy or even know how to use a dyno you'd defineatly know the difference between a turbo charger and a super charger. The problem with model engines and turbo's, super's and N2O is that they lack the ability to add the much needed additional fuel to make the engine actually make more power. With that said, OS engines makes and airplane engine that is electronically fuel injected, this engine may have the capacity to handle small N2O boosts. I have actually dispensed N2O into the carb of my engine while running, the result, mild rpm increase and then it leans out and dies. This is due to the needle being set a tad rich form the max rpm point. Now if you added a fuel injector to add fuel when N2O is applied this may work, but it is also highly likely that something will happen, like a blown head gasket, cylinder wall, broken crankshaft, numerous things. As well by the time you add all this weght, N2o cartridge and actuator, additional servos for fuel and N2O, additional plumbing, manifold for carb, your performance gain will not be enough to warrant this additonal weight in a .12 sized car. Take the easier route, and out in a bigger engine. But it seems your stuck on this fast and the furious thinking that you need to NOS it and supercharge it, hell let's supercharge, NOS and turbo it all at once. And for good measure let's get a cold air intake in there and maybe a nice big intercooler, and for the icing, some hooker headers, oh and one of those huge 6inch muffler tips cuz those just look sweet. Have fun.!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
ibuildstuff

yea this guy is a real special kinda fruitloop... 1. for saying he wants 200 mph, 2. for acting like he is 5, 3. not knowing the difference between a turbo and a supercharger.. i think he needs to come down to reality, and take a whiff of it, cuz he doesnt know *** he is talkin about. LoverboyG, when you can ask questions that pertain to things that "COULD ACCUALLY HAPPEN" then speak.. until then, zip it.

Not saying his idea couldnt work, but as you can see, he himself, is a peice of work.

Jesse
Old 03-16-2004, 12:43 PM
canadianjosh

Hey loverboy g if you want to hit that 200 m/h for once, and only once why don't you put one of these on the back of your boat. It is a Hybrid rocket engine for high power model rocketry. YES IT USES N2O, that must mean it goes killer fast!!!! It also uses a high power solid rocket propellant, and it will give you around 350lbs of thrust.

Name:	Om32782.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	112039  
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2004, 12:46 PM
ibuildstuff

he cant fit that on a dyno hahahahaha
Old 03-18-2004, 05:34 PM
LoverboyG

AAAANDD ITS REEEEEEEEADY!

YEA YEA

WHATEVER U SAY I DID IT AND IT WORKS!
TEST RUNS WENT MORE THAN OK!!!!
I ALREADY USE A CHANEL FOR THE FUE NIDLE VALVE BUT IT WASENT NESESERY COSE
I FOUNT OUT THAT THE PRESURE IN THE TANK ALSO RISE SO MORE FUEL COMES IN WHEN NITRO IS ON!!!!!

SO WHILE YOU MAKE FUN OF ME ILL BE AT THE SEA WITH MY NITRO HYDRO ....AND KICK YOUR ASS BIG TIME!HAHAHA

ANYWAY THE ENGINE DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM AND IF IT DOES.....ILL GET ANOTHER!HAHA

ANTIO GAMOSPITOI!

ZHTO H ELADA ME TOUS PATEDIARIDES THS

Name:	Tr50227.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	112859  
Old 03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
LoverboyG

canadianjosh your idea is interesting but i dont want to kill some one that it will be arount....at least not wet hahaha

the rools are we pass the others and finish first without killing them!!!

so anyway it have an off control or you keep doing rounts until the rocket its over????

hahaha

take care people!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:12 PM
ibuildstuff

if i had one wish, i would wish that i was there to see the dissapointment in your face when you run this hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH

Btw, its FOUND, not fount... just had to point that out alas all the other OBVIOUS spelling mistakes

Jesse
Old 03-18-2004, 06:14 PM
ibuildstuff

i just re read your posts, you, are the WORST typer on the planet... i thought EB was bad.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:41 PM
canadianjosh

I never said that the nitro wouldn't work, it's just not practicle in this small of an application. Yes if the engine has been tuned properly the addtional pressure should allow more fuel, this however depends on how much nitrous you are introducing into the carb. If you intorduce too much too fast then the engine runs severely lean and dies. Now when rice rocketeers in their honda civics "hit the NOS" a few things happen. First most nitrous systems are "wet" this means that the nitrous is injected as a liquid, not a gas as your application does. One, as the nitrous evaporates into a gas, it absorbs mass amounts of heat from the incoming air/fuel. This allows the air to be denser therefore increasing the amount of oxygen per cylinder charge, then the nitrous itself adds it's share of additional oxygen. This is what creates the tire squeeling boost. Now, also a 15lb tank of liquid nitrous oxide offers only around 10secs of "NOSing" in a v6. The cartridges that you are using are 8grams i believe, and it's not all liquid, about half and half. So, 1 you don;t get the full "NOS" effect, and two, by the time your engine hits the peak to boost the fuel pressure your "NOS" will be almost depleted. And then there is the additonal weight issue. You need another servo to actuate "NOS" all of the plumbing, and fitting, the 8 gram cartridge, does this really produce enough "boost" to move that extra weight. remember you're also moving that extra weight the remainder of the time too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.