Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

floatation pics

Old 01-28-2005, 09:03 PM
wierd_dragon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floatation pics

hey,

does anyone have pics of floatation stuff? like what it's supposed to look like? i have a deep v and aren't sure where to stuff the flotation. Anyone got pics that would help? Also, how's an autobailer work? thanks
Old 01-28-2005, 09:24 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: floatation pics

Auto bailer is a tube that has smaller openings than the inside diameter of the rest of the tube . There is a little ball ( most of the time its hollow plastic ) that blocks the opening end that is inside your hull and the other side is kinda always open so that when moving , the water inside your hull , will move out thru this hole .

Floatation .... put some pool noodles alongside your engine mounting rails and up under the bow ( if you can ... ) or you could use some empty 20 ounce pop bottles under the bow also . And , pending on how much room you have ... you could also use a plastic half gallon size milk jug . Just make sure to seal the caps on TIGHT .
Pool noodles , simply hot glue them in place or use rubber bands . The standard size pool noodles fits just nicely in most gasser size hulls .

One more thing ... instead of the auto-bailer , you could also use a water pickup , but instead of having it aimed towards the front of the boat , have it always in the water , and aimed away from the boats travel direction ... this way , any water that is in there , gets sucked out .
use a piece of fuel tubing with a clunk connected and have it just long enough to touch the bottom of the inside of your hull and wha-la ... instant auto-bailer . I use this style in two of my boats and works just fine . ( and with an auto-bailer , you get the chance of something blocking the opening and then , it will not STOP the water from coming in . With the water pickup method , there is no chance of this happening .
Old 01-28-2005, 10:14 PM
stevblutu15

when the boat is stopped, dowes water seep into the hull?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:59 PM
wierd_dragon
My Feedback: (1)

well i have a K&B outboard engine on my boat and the back side of the boat where if it were big enough would house a gas engine, but that whole compartment is open and the front end of the boat (assuming that's the bow) is all empty inside, so i'm afraid that once it takes a sharp turn it'll flip and go down, so for that would i just stuff some pool noodles into the bow of the boat and hope that that'll do? and water does seep in through the holes that the cables for the throttle and sterring arms go through because it's an outboard engine. the holes are bigger than the cables themselves and since it sit low in the water, water gets it
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Push rod seals my man ... push rod seals ...

And does water seep in ? all depends ... if you mean with AUTO BAILERs , not supposed to , but , if you get some gook in them , they will , and if you mean with a reversed water pickup , no .
Also , pending on your setup , you may get water in anyway thru the stuffing tube . Pends on how low you have the engine and stuffing tube . ( when stopped of course )
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Macleod

Here is some pics of the auto bailer and water remover setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80654.gif
Views:	18
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	222184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98872.gif
Views:	13
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	222185  
Attached Images