Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

painting flames

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
wierd_dragon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting flames

hi, i've got a tunnel hull boat and it's sort of like the prather lap cats except that my canopy completely comes off instead of just the back like a lap cat, the "pilot person" comes off as well and i wanted to paint flames on the canopy but since it's so small and i can't tape it that small i was wondering how you'd do that. thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: painting flames

Get some of that Latex based liquid masking that the car guys use. Apply 2 or 3 coats of it, let it dry thoroughly then you can make your design with an X-acto knife. You can mask off the rest of the hull to prevent overspray. You can do the same thing with masking tape also if you lay it down so that it doesn't bleed under.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Chech your local hobby shop. I got some nice precut mask for flames a while back that I used to do a boat and the worked well. Rons tape suggestion also works well. take your time to mask it off then draw what you want on the tape. Takes a while to cut out the flames but looks good when done.
Jimmy
Old 03-20-2005, 10:25 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Why not just buy some vinyl decals( stickers ) from one fo the cutters on EBAY ?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
jeremy12

i was going to paint flames on my nitro vee. but i just got 1/4 inch masking tape aand made my own design. ill post it soon