Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC FISHING BOAT ACTUALLY CATCH FISH FROM REMOTE RC BOAT

well at the least it will give them a good laugh and maybe it will get this joke shut down...
Old 06-03-2006, 12:17 PM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Are you kidding me??? Why would you get so upset over a guy fishing with a RC boat...To turn it in to the F&G.... Did anyone think that he may not be using 20# test on the reel. I too think the boat he came up with is rediculous, but if you use 2# leader, then if you get a fish too big for the boat to handle it will break off. No biggie. I have used, and will use again a boat to troll around. Is is amusing to me, so I entertain myself and others with it..
I still cant beleive that this would tork someone off bad enough for them to turn it in... Now we will have Game officers harrasing everyone who has a boat out at the pond or lake...Just what we need, more law enfocrement and scrutiny. Nice one.....
Old 06-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

you dont live anywhere near sacramento for one, for two these are a purpose built r/c fishing boat, I think it is dumb, and its not like they are gonna do anything about it anyway...I saw them before the thread even started and let it go, then everyone in here says oh its cruel this and that, i do something about and now someone jumps on me for it....seriousley, I run boats slow or fast and when I do I care about one thing, running my boat, i may look for fish, but if I wanna fish I'll bring my fishing pole with and run the boat then fish, no big deal....
Old 06-03-2006, 06:49 PM
monstermaker13

iv seen a guy cach a bass with a raptor heli.it was funny sein the fish flyin around after he pulled it up.

ps.{the fish was not harmed more than it would be with a rod and reel,it poped off the line and went back in to water.}still funny though.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:17 PM
babflyer
My Feedback: (2)

wow! maybe the boat is junk, maybe it wont even work but all the worry about the fish? I mean the guys got it set up so that a pole on shore is conected to the boat so both boat and fish can be brought in. Maybe its not legal and you would get into trouble fishing with it on public water but if you wanted to use it on private water I have to agree with whoever stated that atleast you can drive the boat around for a little fun while you wait for a bite. Ive seen fish caught by other rc means than what has been mentioned here already also. Oh that poor blue gill[&o]
Old 06-03-2006, 08:06 PM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Yep, better toss Jason in the pokey for taking that blue gill with his 40% Extra....I have read alot of fishing regulations, both sport and commercial, but have yet to see one mention of the use of a RC boat... It would be no different than putting your pole in a pole holder and walking back to the cooler for another beer....if the cooler was not next to you allready.

Oh yeah.. you dont live near sacremento either so why make waves there????
Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
andrewhendler

um here is more for you guys to disagree on

http://precisioncaster.com/
Old 06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
e-sailpilot86

That other thing is just something to get the lure out there... no objection.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
LtDoc

Andrew,
Did some rehersing for that, didn't they? Not a bad commercial. But sorry, ain't gonna buy one.
- 'Doc

(build maybe, but not buy.)
Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
monstermaker13

buaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that was so stupid! i dont think anyone would buy that!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:45 PM
fastmax

Local law enforcement in California or anywhere else for that matter has a lot more to worry about than someone trying to catch fish with an RC boat. If you dont like it or agree with it dont do it. It is as simple as that. But dont try to push your ideals on everybody else.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sail pilot i do support the banning of certain knives such as two foot long hunting knives and rediculous things like that they have no place in society.recently here there have been about 6 kids yes school kids murdered with knives so yes i think they should be banned.pen knives fair enough they have a purpose i guess but flick knives and lock knives and anything that could be used as a weapon should be banned.no ones gonna use a pen knife as a weopon unless they want to loose there own fingers.as for carrying knives in your pocket i agree with the law 5 yrs for carrying one is a fair sentence in my book.how would you feel if your 12 yr old son went to school and some thug stabbed him to death? would you still agree with carrying knives?.i might add someone close to me was also stabbed with a knife by a teenager luckyly i got the knife away from him before he could finnish the job.so dont go making stupid jokes about knives only a fool would joke about such a thing,the day we get like the US crime wise will be a sad day in my book.at least we dont carry guns ,legally at any rate.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
fastmax

I think this thread is getting a little off subject. This is an RC forum for hobbyists and fans of RC toys. NOT a political forum. These types of conversations are for CNN.com
Old 06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
LVEURBOATS

Common guys don't get all political and bent out of shape about a light hearted post, I only put it in the forum to show that you can sell anything on eBay......................leave the political discussions to something important like the end of hunger the cure for cancer and world peace..................................
Old 06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, this got out of hand real quick, theres nothing wrong with fishing with an r/c boat so long as the leader is light enough to break easily if you hook a monster(as someone previously said). its a proven fact that fish can dissolve hooks very quickly, like a week...
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM
gulfstreamI

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mahogany dreams

wow, this got out of hand real quick, theres nothing wrong with fishing with an r/c boat so long as the leader is light enough to break easily if you hook a monster(as someone previously said). its a proven fact that fish can dissolve hooks very quickly, like a week.

I can do the same trolling for fish with my r/c sailboat.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:20 AM
martno1fan

if you took a look in any shop that sells knives you would be amased at what you can buy from age 16 over here.i was answering a stupid comment about knives that someone else brought up so dont have a go at me.and by the way a knife like john rambo used is readyly available in any knife shop over here which is pretty amazing considering the world we live in is getting more dangerous by the second.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:25 AM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you serious? this world is getting more dangerous because a lack of common sense..i think id rather have my weapons for self, and family defense, that and i like to collect.what happens when people get disarmed? they find ways around to getting weapons.. and where does it all stop?cant have a butcher knife because you can kill someone with it? might as well take away baseball bats as well since those can bludgeon someone to death... then from there, better put everyone in padded rooms and keep them doped up so they cant hurt anyone else... did you know that people still hunt for food because they are too damn poor to afford processed meats from a store?holy *****, im spent....
Old 06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
martno1fan

dont do much hunting here in the uk mate we normally go to the butchers im not against hunting my friend only stupidity that can cause unnesesarry suffering.lets take alook at your argument about carrying arms to protect familly!! you only need to look at the united states to see where that has lead,they are no role model for doing that are they? no id rather be living in a no gun society its much safer that way.what we are talking about here is people carrying knives on the street,to school work and so on.by all means protect your familly as i do ,anyone gets in my house is only leaving one way (comotose).thats my last word on this,i apollogise to everyone but i didnt start this debate but felt i needed to answer some of these foolish peoples comments!!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

It's been a little while since I browsed this thread. It's gone way off topic.

As a reminder to all, this is a boat forum. It's not an animal rights, gun control, or whatever else forum. Please consider the off-topic discussion in this thread as ended.

When I get a few minutes free time, I will be cleaning up this thread. If anyone has any on-topic comments, by all means add them. If anyone would like to help Ron and me out by removing their own off-topic comments, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I ended up having a few minutes, so I did a bit of pruning.