Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Newbie fuel question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Newbie fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 PM
RobbieK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie fuel question

Im awaiting the arrival of my new SV27 nitro, and I went down to the LHS and they dont have any "boat" fuel. Now I know that its recomended to use 30% nitro and around 20% oil. what im wondering if there is anything else that i should be looking for when purchasing fuel. What i did find was a blend by XP Fuel that is called 35% 1/2 A it has a 35% nitro and 20% oil but it also has two more percentages on it which are SYN:50%(im guessing some sort of synthetic) and CAS:50% (and Im thinking Castor) If you guys can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Newbie fuel question

pretty much if it meets those requirements and is a name brand fuel you'll be good, now that stuff you where looking at that said 1/2A is designed for 1/2A engines which is like a cox .049 engine, and yes thats synthetic and castor, so I wouldnt get the 1/2A but instead some just basic standard glow fuel that meets the requirements spec'd out on here buy trusted people or by aquacraft...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
glennb2006

Hello RobbieK, depends on the motor, if it's a serious performance monster glow motor then you need some fuel with like around 16% + oil content, and castor is always a good idea, it migrates to where the heat is.

Boat motors always get a hard time and tend to need the lube.

If you can get it where you are Model Technics "Dura Glo" will work well for you. Buy it in 5% Nitro Increments. 5% to 20% easily available (In the UK!)

Regards,

Glenn
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
RobbieK

thats probably why it ran really bad today on its first attempt on the pond. She would stall every time she hit the water. and it took me almost an hour to get it started. Well im thinking about gettin some odonnells fuel but my LHS doesnt carry it in stock so they have to order it. Ill see if they have anything else in there thats more suitable.