Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

affordble radios

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

affordble radios

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
mopowerisbttr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default affordble radios

Hey im looking for a afforble complete radio sets for a project i have thats getting close to be getting done. Any suggestions will be nice thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: affordble radios

What do you consider affordable, as cheap as possible with the basics?
Just about every company has a bottom of the line radio system for around $50.00 .
Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
mopowerisbttr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything under $160.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, $160.00 does give you a lot more options than the bottom-of-the-line $50.00 outfits.
This is where hte choosing get tougher. you're in a decent FM radio range so then you have to. start looking at what you do and don't want in a radio. Do you need multi-model programming? Is a third channel needed? Simple setups or would you like something more complex? Do you have a favorite company that you'd like to stick with or are you open to other brands? Do I ask too many questions?
My problem is that I've got a little bit of every brand and it would be hard for me to pick out one favorite. Some work great for what I need them for, One might not be fancy but it does the job for a low-dollar boat. The more expensive ones I use on my better boats.
I'm not ready for some high-zoot loaded to the gills 2.4 Gig radio yet nor do I feel that I'd be comfortable with one yet.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopowerisbttr

Hey im looking for a afforble complete radio sets for a project i have thats getting close to be getting done. Any suggestions will be nice thanks.
Is it an all singing, all dancing, all bells and whistles project, or does it just need to go backwards and forwards, left and right? The type of project will affect the answer.