Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to Nitro boats, is this boat a good choice??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to Nitro boats, is this boat a good choice??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nitro boats, is this boat a good choice??

Hello folks! I am new to nitro RC boats. I have had a few electric boats in the past, but I recently bought the FMT Nitro "Tiger Shark" and man what a POS!! I took it out today for the first time and it did NO WHERE near the 50mph+ that it claims to do. Also, after running a mere two tanks of fuel the "universal" drive system is almost shot! The metal is all worn down on the flex joints and I can tell after a few more tanks of fuel it will simply be a big white plastic dust collector in my cellar.

Anyhow, I am looking to invest in a new nitro boat. I have about $400 a spend, and have heard very good things about PRO-BOAT nitro boats. I was looking into the Shockwave 36 RTR w/T-Drive. It seems like a well built boat at a reasonable price... Any feedback on this boat? I found one on ebay new for $350 with free shipping. Would this be a good boat for a beginner that would last for a good while? Check it out here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Boat-Shockwa...742.m153.l1262

Thanks guys,
Chris
Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Canadian LoCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Nitro boats, is this boat a good choice??

hey and yes they are a great boat I have one and love it been running with it for a few months now
and what a great boat runs very well in chop I would say about close to 40mph handles very well 2
I run 45%nitro in mine just to let you know come with a nice prop but the thing I would do is buy it from
horizon hobbies that way if something goes wrong you get get better service the off e-bay
well thats my 2 cents
Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New to Nitro boats, is this boat a good choice??

Go to the nitro boat forum and you'll find a huge thread on this boat. It could be a few pages back but you can do a search using "Shockwave 36".
The boat should be available locally if you have a hobby shop near you.