Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Dynamite .21 Sport for RC8.2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 03:39 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robwiljas
Interesting. It says Elite 5off which I know is a .21 but the picture is of a .12 and the description and info is for a .12.
the description is wrong the item is right..... the site is legit, he is the USA distributor of Rex/TOP and Novarossi...I talk with him weekly

A Elite 5 is a very nice engine...... it is the evolution of the Novarossi P5XLT which is possibly the most numerous race engine ever made..... for $119.00 its a crazy steal ! check out the price on the stock rex legend 28-8........
Old 10-27-2015, 05:55 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
In many of these cases, these engine problems so many folks encounter are mainly due to being new to the hobby. Would you recommend a $200 engine for a new guy or a $80-100 engine to get their feet wet? Is a $200-400 higher class engine really warranted for a basher rig? On the cheaper side of the RTR world would the drivetrain actually hold up to these higher class engines? Maybe? I'm all about high quality engines, and I could handle one myself fine... But I'd be wary of recommending one for a new guy - at least not until they had some experience and get the "ear" for tuning an engine properly.

For some folks, the budget engines work well and are within their budget constraints. I know I couldn't afford to put $200-400 engines in each of my rigs despite wanting to.
I almost have no idea what I would recommend for a person starting fresh.....been so many years for me I have forgotten what its like to start out.... I have been messing with these since I was a kid with a paper route when I was 12 years old... So today I am not sure what I would recommend, it has been a long time since I have had a fresh start with a stock RTR.. .. Most likely learn to master the cheaper engine first then move onto something better once you have got your feet wet..

Most definitely.definitely. Basher rigs can benefit from more power ..it really depends on the chassis we are talking about, most 1/8 machines are fairly robust... a $200 engine is not that crazy expensive.... Myself I would rather have 1 single top level car then a closet full of RTR cars... the driving experience provided by my current truggy could not be replaced by a 100 lesser machines.. Most here likely spend far more money overall on RC's then I do.....but the cars i do have are all top of the line with top of the line equipment..... At one time I was into collecting all sorts of different cars, but one day I went to the local track and was given stick time on a quality race truggy, I actually bought it from the guy that day.. after that I sold or parked all my models and focused in on just having the ultimate performance machines, even if it meant I could only afford one....... As i say I do believe if we went bashing one afternoon and I gave you my controller for a few hours I am positive you would see things differently and would likely better understand many of my perspectives.........The first time you drive a real race car with a real race engine properly tuned in its a whole other experience altogether, and untill you feel that sort of driving performance its hard to even understand what its like.... As I say I drove one once and it was game over for me, I had a big block Revo with a modified SH 28, center diff and all the hoppups, but one lap with that Jammin truggy and it was game over, my revo felt like a toy next to it..the difference was massive, I had no idea....

Anyways I tend to ramble... But back on track I think these days people can learn nitro much easier and much faster then before, back in my day there was no internet and nobody to ask for help, maybe if i was lucky the guy from the local hobby store would offer some vague cryptic advice, but other then that there was nothing.. Today we have a multiple number of extremely experienced nitro tuners online willing to help, we have thousands of videos to watch and a unlimited supply of learning material available... I have taken raw newbies with zero experience and had them on a podium within 1 year of starting .. So learning nitro today is nothing like it was in the past, there is so much more resource and so many more online willing to help..... So IMO a person doesn't always need to buy the cheapest gear to start out, if they are smart and willing to learn they can pickup tuning fairly quickly.... As i said previously, if it was 20 years ago I would be saying something much different, but since the internet I don't see that much issue with starting out with decent gear....