Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

which short course?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which short course?

well i sold my emaxx and was going to put the money toward a king motor t1000 but i think im going to get an electric short course truck instead. i saw a 4x4 slash vxl at the lhs today and it looks really awesome, plus that particular store price matches tower hobbies. my friend is selling his t maxx and looking to use the money toward an electric rc so we are thinking of getting sc trucks. i was looking at the 2wd slash but for only $30 more you can get the brushless sc10 with 2.4 ghz radio. only thing the slash really has on it is aftermarket support and its waterproof. anybody run the sc10? if so, how do you like it?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Default RE: which short course?

currently i don't own a SC truck, but i do have hands on experience with the slash and the SC10 (its good to have friends who are idiots with money)
iv driven a few slash's, everything from stock to wildly hopped up.and i can't say anything nice so i won't say anything at all.
lets just say all my slash owning friends ether already haveor are in the process of ditching the slash for an SC10.
the only benefited of the slash is the electronics can get wet. but once you stray from the stock electronics, yeah its not "waterproof" anymore.
the SC10 is superior in every way except for durability. by no means is it fragile, but there's a reason most owners have RPM front suspension arms and chassis braces. its a better handling truck, its a more controllable truck, its a more consistent truck, its a better built truck.
andnot thatit matters but it's a better looking truck
Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM
ScottStaypuff

If you want (IMO) the best combination of raceability and durability get a Blitz. I have one and an E-Firestorm and I know they're tough. My friend has a Blitz and races it, with a few steering mods and some traction compound he wins most weeks and never breaks. He races against a lot of SC10s... (He is good and would win with an SC10 too)
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd take the Blitz or the SC10.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Kalani938

Why so much hate towards the Slash 4x4!!! LOL! I have one and I love it!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
s7jstep1

im thinking about getting the brushless sc10 rtr with the 2.4ghz radio for $270. i already have some lipos for it. i like the idea of having it waterproof but it not a necessity. how quick is the rtr brushless sc10? its a 3300kv motor. what brushed motor would that compare to?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 AM
hasek1616

that really wouldnt compare to a brushed motor, it would probably be in the high 30's on 2s though
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
s7jstep1

thats about what i want. i think the velineon is a 3500kv and tower hobbbies said its roughly equivelant to a 10turn. what im wanting is not, insane stupid fast, but pretty quick with good runtinme. i have 4 2s 5000mah lipos so im sure i can drive a while with those. im looking for speeds about like a 15 turn or so but of course, with the brushless and lipo, its going to have a lot more torque and better runtime.

one concern of mine it if the battery tray will fit my lipos. i had to sand the battery tray on my rustlers and my t4 to get them to fit. i dont know what the battery tray design is for the sc10. if its like the t4 it shouldnt be a problem to sand it.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

nobody i know has had a problem dropping lipo's into there SC10's. 
or if they have they haven't said anything about it
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 PM
s7jstep1

lol yeah like i said, if they dont fit, its not that big of a deal. i made them fit my other trucks without too much headache
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't mind the size and the fact that it's not electric the Baja 5SC is coming out soon. It's not 4x4 either but at the 1/5 scale level 2wd has a special charm.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
s7jstep1

lol i decided that i just dont have enough room for a 1/5. i was going to get one but i figured id be the odd man out when it came to racing my friends. instead of running into them, id run over them lol. im really likeing the sc10 rtr brushless with the 2.4ghz. the lhs will match tower hobbies on price too so no shipping but we do have sales tax. id rather give the lhs the business over tower anyway. my friend and i are looking to get identical trucks with identical batteries. i think itll make for some good racing
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 PM
s7jstep1

Well, I talked to the lhs and the ordered the 2 sc10's for us. They are only charging us $259 each. After californias sales tax it's gonna be $281.44 which is probably less than tower after shipping. Either way, it make me feel good to give the business to the lhs
Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Raguvian

I think Tower has free shipping right now.

Congrats on the truck, though! I was also in the same situation, bug I ended up with a Blitz. Cant beat a Blitz and Sidewinder 5700kv for $290 shipped!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 PM
s7jstep1

the wait for the truck to get here is killing me. its almost as bad as the 10 day waitiing period when i bought my shotgun
Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Nitro Racer 18

Run over your friends.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

the wait for the truck to get here is killing me. its almost as bad as the 10 day waitiing period when i bought my shotgun
I curse that little brown truck! Then when it gets here I praise the little brown truck.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
s7jstep1

well did some work on the track today. got a nice oval track (if you watch nascar, its a paperclip track like martinsville). it doesnt have any jumps as of yet but it will be nice to run them on it anyway
Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
jermpool

2 things you should get for an sc10 are a chassis brace and a steel idler gear. Friend of mine brooke his chassis and I stripped the idler gear on mine. True Iwas doing some insanely fast uncontrollable driving, but thats not the point
Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 AM
s7jstep1

Well we got them but unfortunately it's been raining. We were able to drive them a little bit. They are awesome and I love the runtime with my 5000mah lipos. I even got my gf interested in them lol
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 PM
s7jstep1

just a little update, i did have to modify my battery tray to fit the lipo but it was pretty easy. i get about 35min or so of runtime on a single battery and i have 4 of them. i havent timed it yet but when i do, i will post up. havent broken anything yet even though i took some hard licks. i do forsee the rpm front bumper and a arms in the future but not til i break the stock ones first. i have no complaints of the truck yet. we are finally getting a hobby store here in red bluff and they will have an indoor track (this is what i have heard but not confirmed yet) so if that happens, i might try my hand at racing. i love the realistic looks and handling of this truck. definately worth the $281 i paid for it
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I'd take the Blitz or the SC10.
I really like the Blitz ESE, good quality kit with the majority of the hopups.
The Factory Team SC10 is also a nice kit. As is the Kyosho SCT, which they now have a kit form of it as well.
A few people on Rctech have converted a Tamiya TRF 201 2wd buggy into a SCT.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
jermpool

just a little update, i did have to modify my battery tray to fit the lipo but it was pretty easy. i get about 35min or so of runtime on a single battery and i have 4 of them. i havent timed it yet but when i do, i will post up. havent broken anything yet even though i took some hard licks. i do forsee the rpm front bumper and a arms in the future but not til i break the stock ones first. i have no complaints of the truck yet. we are finally getting a hobby store here in red bluff and they will have an indoor track (this is what i have heard but not confirmed yet) so if that happens, i might try my hand at racing. i love the realistic looks and handling of this truck. definately worth the $281 i paid for it

The bumper isnt what breaks, its the chassis so you should get the brace as soon as possible.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
s7jstep1

ORIGINAL: jermpool

The bumper isnt what breaks, its the chassis so you should get the brace as soon as possible.
u got a link to one?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 AM
jermpool

Here is the RPM: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Set-Black-SC10

I got an aluminum one form ebay but I don't see any listed on there right now.