Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas T-Maxx vs HPI MT2

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
MXKID413

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas T-Maxx vs HPI MT2

I could really use some help im about to buy a nitro rc and dont know which one to buy the Traxxas T-Maxx or the HPI MT2 they both look like good rc's but i need some help from seasoned rc'ers. So in your opinion which one of these should i buy im going to be doing all types of things im going to be jumping alot and maybe go to tracks a little bit. But this thing will deffinentlyI could really use some help im about to buy a nitro rc and dont know which one to buy the Traxxas T-Maxx or the HPI MT2 they both look like good rc's but i need some help from seasoned rc'ers. So in your opinion which one of these should i buy im going to be doing all types of things im going to be jumping alot and maybe go to tracks a little bit. But this thing will deffinently be in the air and im going to be taking it to motocross tracks when i go riding. So which one do you think i should buy. Thanks for any Help! be in the air and im going to be taking it to motocross tracks when i go riding. So which one do you think i should buy. Thanks for any Help!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:56 AM
cooldriver385

Default RE: Traxxas T-Maxx vs HPI MT2

ORIGINAL: MXKID413

I could really use some help http://<font color=''#0000ff'' style...</span></font> about to buy a nitro rc and dont know which one to buy the Traxxas T-Maxx or the HPI MT2 they both look like good rc's but i need some help from seasoned rc'ers. So in your opinion which one of these should i buy im going to be doing all types of things im going to be jumping alot and maybe go to tracks a little bit. But this thing will deffinentlyI could really use some help http://<font color=''#0000ff'' style...</span></font> about to buy a nitro rc and dont know which one to buy the Traxxas T-Maxx or the HPI MT2 they both look like good rc's but i need some help from seasoned rc'ers. So in your opinion which one of these should i buy im going to be doing all types of things im going to be jumping alot and maybe go to tracks a little bit. But this thing will deffinently be in the air and im going to be taking it to motocross tracks when i go riding. So which one do you think i should buy. Thanks for any Help! be in the air and im going to be taking it to motocross tracks when i go riding. So which one do you think i should buy. Thanks for any Help!

I'd say the Firestorm from HPI is better than the MT2. And btw, you ride?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get a Ofna jammin X1 CR its a buggy.
same size as a MT2, and same ground clearance.
Stronger, and more durable than a MT2, also handles way better. The MT2's a-arms I find weak, and snap them fairly easy (there are also no aftermarket arms...) The Jammin I've yet to break a single part, and have driven it harder than the MT2.
With some practice you can race with it too in the buggy class seeing racing is 90% driver 10% machine.
It also costs less than a MT2... for the cost of a MT2 you can get the jammin, and a nice steering servo

BTW this is coming from someone that has owned a MT1, and owns a MT2 (its been gathering dust since I got the buggy)

Here is a comparison between a Jammin I took a year ago, and a MT2. (BTW those are masher 2ks on the MT2 some of the largest tires that will fit. The stockers are a far bit smaller)

Also the MT2's been discontinued everywhere else on the planet but the US...

For the price of a T-maxx you might as well buy a RTR Savage X if you want a Monster Truck that can take some abuse. The Savage is a tough ass truck that will take most abuse with no issues. I've jumped my savage X off BMX ramps over 20 feet into the air to come to a bad landing without breaking anything
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18465.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1590944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35994.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1590945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80988.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1590946  
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

get a Ofna jammin X1 CR its a buggy.
same size as a MT2, and same ground clearance.
Stronger, and more durable than a MT2, also handles way better. The MT2's a-arms I find weak, and snap them fairly easy (there are also no aftermarket arms...) The Jammin I've yet to break a single part, and have driven it harder than the MT2.
With some practice you can race with it too in the buggy class seeing racing is 90% driver 10% machine.
It also costs less than a MT2... for the cost of a MT2 you can get the jammin, and a nice steering servo

BTW this is coming from someone that has owned a MT1, and owns a MT2 (its been gathering dust since I got the buggy)

Here is a comparison between a Jammin I took a year ago, and a MT2. (BTW those are masher 2ks on the MT2 some of the largest tires that will fit. The stockers are a far bit smaller)

Also the MT2's been discontinued everywhere else on the planet but the US...

For the price of a T-maxx you might as well buy a RTR Savage X if you want a Monster Truck that can take some abuse. The Savage is a tough ass truck that will take most abuse with no issues. I've jumped my savage X off BMX ramps over 20 feet into the air to come to a bad landing without breaking anything
What he said.