Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM
BLUESTAR502

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas RTR 1/8 NRHA Funny Car Race Replica

Some pictures of one of my T/F cars

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55842.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1746311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61890.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1746312  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: BLUESTAR502

Some pictures of one of my T/F cars

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. That's all custom work?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
BLUESTAR502

The BLUESTAR which is the silver rail in the first picture is custom made. The cars pictured here are Grand motorsports on the leftand Team Walbern on the right in the first picture.But like i said in my earlier post to keep these straight at 95mph for a 132' you have to make sure everything is dead onnot as easy as it looks in the videos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34470.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1746345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31218.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1746346   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28107.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1746347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37816.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1746348  
Old 04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Taz_Hobbies
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Taz_Hobbies

We ordered a case of them the other day. I am told they'll be here around the end of April. I ordered 2 for me personally!

And what is with this logic ??? ''But 1.178 is fast.... his reaction time was 0.465 so if he got a perfect reaction time that would be 0.713!!!''
Ummmmm... yeah. It doesn't quite work like that. You're RT has nothing to do with your ET. But Thanks for the laugh!
jeez wow im glad u found that so funny.... LMAO at the fact u have ordered 2 for your self... now thats funny.

Well i just did some reading up on how it all works with the 3rd amber light & the staging lights....
But since u are in the know. would u kindly explain it to others..
one other question how far would the roll out be before the ET timer begins
Why is that funny that I ordered two? I am not following that logic. I have 2 E-Revos... is that equally as funny? My son and I have 2 drift cars, that must be a riot for you. We have 2 1/8 scale nitro buggies as well.

Reaction time is pretty simple, it is the time that elapses between the green light coming on and the stage beam being broken as you leave the line. You could have a 20 minute reaction time if you sat there motionless for 20 minutes AFTER the green came on before you rolled out of the final stage beam before beginning your trip down track. And that has NOTHING to do with your ET.

The ET begins when you roll out of the last staging beam and ends when you cross the finish line beam.

As far as roll out is concerned, since you provided no data, there is no way possible to determine roll out. You would need to provide me with tire diameter and the amount of stagger (on most high end drag cars, the wheelbase is different between the left & right sides, giving another point of adjustment for roll out) between the right & left front tires.

So when you get that data... let me know I'll help you out.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i wonder if that 2 stage esc setup they talk about with low speed creep and go-fast, could make a high speed, AND crawler monster truck.

and, i am confused. i thoughtreaction time plus car speediness got you your e.t. reaction time does matter in winning and losing, right?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Depends getting out of the hole is very important but top end plays a part to. Its a very fine thread.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:18 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lf-IlwFs4M

I posted the video on my channel ENJOY
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

just as i thought, gimmick filled, not a competition racer, and something bashers are going to get bored with real quick.  
nothing but a shelf queen
Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Taz_Hobbies
just thought there are better drag cars out there.... and was offended by ur first post... Why do u but the same 2 cars??? ive got 4 kids & i would never get them the same cars as me. maby the same style thats it... oh i do lye tho Ive got a Losi micro SCT and one of my son's loved it so im going to make him a micro rally car from my spare parts. but thats as close as it gets

Everyone
Why is it that there can be some great r/c cars out there but no one cares untill traxxas bring out there version then there is a hype like we are seeing with this car.

Mind u the traxxas drag car does look good. but there are more than looks to consider
Old 04-04-2012, 04:33 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Taz_Hobbies
just thought there are better drag cars out there.... and was offended by ur first post... Why do u but the same 2 cars??? ive got 4 kids & i would never get them the same cars as me. maby the same style thats it... oh i do lye tho Ive got a Losi micro SCT and one of my son's loved it so im going to make him a micro rally car from my spare parts. but thats as close as it gets

Everyone
Why is it that there can be some great r/c cars out there but no one cares untill traxxas bring out there version then there is a hype like we are seeing with this car.

Mind u the traxxas drag car does look good. but there are more than looks to consider
Why do you get offended by what other people spend their money on, each to their own as they say. A pretty good reason for buying two of these would be so you can have drag races I guess? Drag racing with just one would get a little boring.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

drag racing the same 2 identically equipped cars against each other over and over and over and over would get just as boring
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

drag racing the same 2 identically equipped cars against each other over and over and over and over would get just as boring
I won't lie I had that same exact thought
Might be fun once or twice, but I see it getting insanely repetitive very fast.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:01 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

What about the motor placement in this car, behind the axle?
wouldn't that make it harder to keep the front end down when nailing the throttle?
just a thought.... [:-]
Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I didn't say drag racing two of them would be the most fun you ever had but I don't really see a lot of fun being had in doing time trials with just one. I'm sure if you consider different drivers reaction times and how they set their cars up that they wouldn't be side by side all the time. I'm more looking at it from the point of view of a person who enjoys rc drag racing which I'm sure some people do but it seems most people here are just thinking about themselves. Let's not forget the reason for my other post was because someone got offended over someone else buying two of them. Come on people, does it really matter who buys these and how many they have?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM
MiamizFinest

Taz_Hobbies

Everyone

Please elaborate because this really makes no sense to me what so ever.........
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
phmaximus

LOL no worries, U guys seem confused, here ill explain.....

Here is Taz_hobbies first post, really not that hard to find... come on guys, pull ya finger out lol j/k

We ordered a case of them the other day. I am told they'll be here around the end of April. I ordered 2 for me personally!

And what is with this logic ??? ''But 1.178 is fast.... his reaction time was 0.465 so if he got a perfect reaction time that would be 0.713!!!''
Ummmmm... yeah. It doesn't quite work like that. You're RT has nothing to do with your ET. But Thanks for the laugh!

Here is Taz_hobbies First post.... U guys not may know but he is qouting me.
Yeah i made a mistake I thought that the ET clock started on the green light, made sence im my mind... why wouldent it.
well apparently the ET is only timed once u leave the stagelights, the green light just means u dident jump the gun.
ok so I made a mistake and I can admit that. But I dident think that the responce i got was appropriate "You're RT has nothing to do with your ET. But Thanks for the laugh!" IMO I belive that to be immature, rude and just down right insulting. There are a million other ways that could of been put. and was the last bit really necessary? Look im over it & by the looks so is Taz u guys need to butout.

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Why do you get offended by what other people spend their money on, each to their own as they say. A pretty good reason for buying two of these would be so you can have drag races I guess? Drag racing with just one would get a little boring.

&

I didn't say drag racing two of them would be the most fun you ever had but I don't really see a lot of fun being had in doing time trials with just one. I'm sure if you consider different drivers reaction times and how they set their cars up that they wouldn't be side by side all the time. I'm more looking at it from the point of view of a person who enjoys rc drag racing which I'm sure some people do but it seems most people here are just thinking about themselves. Let's not forget the reason for my other post was because someone got offended over someone else buying two of them. Come on people, does it really matter who buys these and how many they have?
What the hell are u on about????? Keep out of it. Dont make things u clearly dont understand ur problem or make it worse than it is. Look u have allready disliked all my videos with both ur youtube accounts. Go find someone els to annoy

and was offended by ur first post... Why do u but the same 2 cars??? ive got 4 kids & i would never get them the same cars as me.
and was offended by ur first post... Refering to post 41 that was in responce to post 26.
Why do u but the same 2 cars??? LOL thats one big typo. It should read, Why do u buy the same 2 cars???
ive got 4 kids & i would never get them the same cars as me, what dont u under stand....

Look guys sorry ive confused 2 of u. It was not my intention. And im not trying to offend anyone.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
phmaximus

Just for the record dont be shy.......

Be a man & tell the truth.... Who els like me thought the ET timer started from the green light & the green light ment go????
Old 04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

Its listed for $499 at RPP if anyone is interested, not in stock yet.........
whoa! where can i buy some of what traxxas is smoking? if this is how traxxas is now, i would hate to see them on 4-20!

I AM OFFICIALLY BOYCOTTING TRAXXAS PRODUCTS. this is robbery.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Yea I wouldnt spend much more than 200 on the car. Especially when I can have the RJ Speed for 99 dollars..
Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 AM
gurumods
My Feedback: (43)

Totally useless and a waste of R&D & money.I have been holding back on buying a 1/10 brushless truggy in hopes that Traxxas might come out with something to suit me.Looks like i can go do my shopping now and get my Ofna Hyper 10tt.
Traxxas,you really disappointed me this time.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Taz_Hobbies

You're RT has nothing to do with your ET. But Thanks for the laugh!" IMO I belive that to be immature, rude and just down right insulting.
Seriously?

It sounded to me like you were kidding around with thatcrazy ET. I just thought you were kidding around and got a good laugh. sorry about that.
But " immature, rude and just down right insulting" is seriously over-reacting.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Yea I wouldnt spend much more than 200 on the car. Especially when I can have the RJ Speed for 99 dollars..
Isn't that sort of trying compare apples & oranges?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Isn't that sort of trying compare apples & oranges?

RJ speed is a proven Funny car, sure its a kit, but big deal. fact is the RJ is probably a better car, and you can make it go like crazy for about $150 in electronics. TRAXXAS is ripping off people, stupid people nonetheless.

plus the RJ is made in the US of A not in China or Taiwan where the cost of labor is FAR less.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM
BLUESTAR502

Its not comparing apples to oranges at all, Its what i said in my other posts why spend your hard earned money for something that you can get for half the price. If your capable of turning a screwdriver to put a few screws in to mount a few parts which i,m sure we all are thanyou should look into whatThe_Shark said RJSpeed $99 comes with every thing you need except electronics which you can get for about 200 dollars for everything. And to top it off you will have something that will scream.And if you find drag racing is not your thing it will be alot easier to sell something most people are using at the tracks than it would be to sell a toy. Instructions included so don,t think you will get lost putting it together.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Taz_Hobbies

ORIGINAL: BLUESTAR502

Its not comparing apples to oranges at all, Its what i said in my other posts why spend your hard earned money for something that you can get for half the price. If your capable of turning a screwdriver to put a few screws in to mount a few parts which i,m sure we all are thanyou should look into whatThe_Shark said RJSpeed $99 comes with every thing you need except electronics which you can get for about 200 dollars for everything. And to top it off you will have something that will scream.And if you find drag racing is not your thing it will be alot easier to sell something most people are using at the tracks than it would be to sell a toy. Instructions included so don,t think you will get lost putting it together.
But again, you're missing the point. Apples & oranges.

First off how can Traxxas be ripping anyone off? The advertise the price, explain in great detail all the facets of the kits they sell and the customer gets EXACTLY what he purchased. That is far from ripping people off.
Secondly, you are assuming people WANT to build a kit. You are ASSUMING they want some old Bolink technology modified a little and called an RJ Speed.

How can you compare a demographic specific 1/10 scale full race drag kit (after they buy the kit, they have to buy a speed control, a motor, a servo, radio gear, then paint the body, then assemble it all) with a 1/8 scale ready to run kit that a kid and his father can enjoy right out fo the 10 minuteas after the box shows up?

No offense, but that dog don't hunt. Sure your car is faster, but it is supposed to be. It's like comparing a Yugo with a Corvette. Sure they are both cars, but the demopgraphic of people who will buy them are vastly diverse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.