Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Breaking in a new engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 03:42 PM
mflynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in a new engine

I took my new XXX NT out for the first time last night, I followed all the break in directions, but it didn't seem to be going as fast as I thought, there were moments when it was like it kicked in, and then it flew, but for the most part it didn't. Is this normal for a new engine, I only ran 3 tanks of gas through it, or do I need to make some carborator adjustments, I adjusted both the hi and low to be running fairly rich. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:04 AM
pilothyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in a new engine

mflynn.......As your new engine is broken in you will lean it out little by little for optimum performance, but as I said little by little as in 1/16 to 1/8 turn at a time....don't bother with the low end adjustment untill you are finished with breakin and have the high speed needle adjusted.......then if the engine loads up and dies at idle or is very sluggish during the transition from idle to high speed you may need to lean the low side, but again little by little is the way.......Also after breakin don't think the high speed mixture setting is set and never again needs adjusting......you will need to richen it up on hot humid days to avoid over heating. Always look for a good smoke trail to know if your engine is getting enought fuel and oil.....good luck with your Losi XXXNT..........