Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Sidewinder 8th Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 PM
450rdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder 8th Problem

I just got my rc8.2 factory team kit assembled. I installed my ESC and when I tried using the quick start guide, it doesn't work correctly. It recognizes forward and reverse but when I return it to neutral (as instructed) it keeps blinking red and is beeping. Anyone experienced this before or know what I need to do to have it corrected?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:35 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sort of sounds like you're trying to calibrate the throttle. Is that what you're trying to do? It should be. When installing a new ESC for use with a radio it has never seen before, the ESC needs to be "calibrated" to the radio's throttle trigger range. You should have instructions with your SW8 on how to do that.

So are you saying that, as you are doing the cal, that when you return the trigger to neutral, the ESC is still "waiting" for neutral? That is why it's still blinking?
Did you re set all your radio trims, end-points, etc to neutral BEFORE doing the ESC cal?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:16 AM
450rdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did. I got it figured out. Turns out that I was holding the brake too long and it was screwing the calibration up. I finally got it programmed and all is working perfectly. I'm very happy with this motor, ESC, kit and radio. It far exceeds what I used to race years ago (gold pan RC10) I've just been out of this for way too long. Far more advanced than I ever imagined they would be. This thing is a screamer on 6s. I tried a single 3s set up but it just doesn't have quite enough. I'm waiting on my new 4s battery to get here. I think it'll be just right and far more controllable than the 6s set up. Thanks so much for your answer tho, I really appreciate your time.