Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RB Concept C5

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB Concept C5

I've been doing high end motor shopping for a while and I think I'll conclude with an RB C5, but can't find many reviews about it (found some from acehardwarehobbies.com with 5/5 stars on all of them), so I wonder about opinions from those that own it here. My LHS can get me one through a deal, I've had him look for a Novarossi P5 or Paris SBK-01 originally but he couldn't find one from any of his suppliers.

I've seen a video with a guy driving a Schumacher XTR powered by a C5 and it sounded loud and throaty with lots of power, but I see so many WS7 and so few C5 buggies out there that it makes me wonder if the C5 is really worth the cost over the cheaper WS7.

Also in most RC magzines, the Novarossi/Rex P5 seems most popular as a test motor next to the WS7II, and occasionally the Picco 0-1 (not BP). I should write a lettter to RCCA asking why that's their choice, eh? [&o]
Old 10-25-2003, 12:00 PM
bluefluffybunny1

Default RE: RB Concept C5

I have an WS7II and got it instead of the C5 as everybody reckons it is a better engine. The C5 is meant to be slightly more powerfull in the top end but less low end and uncontrollable. Get a WS7II, all the racers use it in preference to the C5 which speaks for itself.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RB Concept C5

I'm definatley going with the Novarossi/Rex P5, many of the magazine or car test reviews with the engine installed say the engine has tons of torque and plentyful top end, pretty much what I'm looking for so hopefully I'll get hooked up with one soon enough. I know for a fact over the summertime the particular engine was out of stock all over the country (Canada & US) and was merely available in Europe but now I see they're in stock at some places so I'm getting my LHS to try and get one.