Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI Pro 4 Vs. HPI Pro 4 HARA

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Daddygodoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Pro 4 Vs. HPI Pro 4 HARA

Whats the difference and how do each of them stack up to the T2
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPI Pro 4 Vs. HPI Pro 4 HARA

The t2 is belt-driven so the traction setup will be differennt. The Hara, I think, is a copy of the one he won the Champs with.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Daddygodoff

well thanks, but i wanna know what they changed between the 2. like carbon fiber ? shocks etc... whats the difference between the 2/ whyich is better ?
has anyone raced one with a T2 ? how did you do ?
also... can i put a 19T in it ?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Daddygodoff

bump
Old 02-23-2006, 05:28 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what the hara has that doesn't come with the stock RS4 Pro4
Hara Edition Pro 4 features:
2.25mm upper deck provides more grip with the same front to rear stiffness for improved track performance. The included cone washers and o-rings improve chassis durability.
Competition aluminum threaded shock set with fluorine coated shock body, new smoother o-ring, and new pistons provides extra smooth action for improved suspension performance.
Precision machined aluminum servo mounts for extra durability.
Heavy duty, self lubricating ball cups for increased strength and smoother suspension movement.
Included Front Solid Axle Set (spool) for more stable acceleration out of corners and during heavy braking. Precision machined from light weight aluminum for quick acceleration and higher top speed.
Additional set of pivot blocks and spacers provide a wide range of tuning options to accommodate different track conditions and layouts.
Integrated differential nut design adds strength and prevents the d ifferential from loosening up.
Delrin outdrive set to reduce drivetrain friction for higher performance and increased efficiency.
Machined aluminum motor mount with open ended design for easier motor installation and removal.
Precision machined lightweight input shafts for quicker acceleration and throttle response. Integrated spur gear mount adds rigidity and prevents spur gear flex.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Daddygodoff

do the things on the Pro 4 HARA really make a difference in speed ? is it noticeable ?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:36 PM
R/C fan-addict

well if you're going to race a lot it might be worth it investing in the Hara, but just for driving around the standard is fine.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Pro4_racer

Hi mate,

The HARA Edition is noticeably quicker than the standard Pro 4. Basically what is different between the Pro 4 and the HARA is that HPI have put on all the upgrades that HARA ran when he competed in the World Championship in Florida in 2004. All these upgrades make a great difference on the handling of the car. It makes it feel more stable and the chassis is kept flatter through transitions between corners. This improves cornering speed quite a lot. Having personally driven the Pro 4, Pro 4 HARA and the T2, I would pick the HARA. The HARA is obviously a stepforward from the standard Pro 4 and I just didn't like the T2, But I put that down to personal taste.

You can run a 19t motor in any of these cars. I run in 19t in my HARA and love it. If you are wanting to be racing in 19 i would pick the Pro 4. Although If you ever do want to run in Modified I would go for the T2 as I will not suffer from torque steer that a shaft drive car does when fitted with a hot Modified motor.

Hope this helps

Regards
Paul
Old 02-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Daddygodoff

well alright thanks paul... exactly the person im looking for...

Ive got a TT-01 and i took it to the track and i see all these guys racing their 19Ts i put mine on the track (stock) and it sucks balls compared to theirs. but now that ive got somewhat of the basics down my LHS said i should go up to a TA-05. but i dont want to buy the car and use it a couple of times and then have them say oh you should go to a T2 now...

but i feel that if i get a Pro 4 and put a 19T in it itll be too much for me because im still learning...

so what should i do...
Old 02-27-2006, 03:09 PM
gunnut

I think getting the pro 4 would be a good idea. maybe get a 19 turn and a more mild "stock" motor to use for a while when you're getting used to it. just something like the tower hobbies "speed stocker" motor. I've heard good things about it and it's only $15.00
Old 02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Daddygodoff

sry just to clear things up about the big helpful post above...

he said the HARA is better than the T2 in his opinion but with a 19T the Pro 4 is better then the HARA... Is this correct ?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Daddygodoff

bump
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Daddygodoff

If im running a 19T should I be using a T2, Pro 4, Or Pro 4 HARA ?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 AM
gunnut

From what I've read, the Pro 4 would be good with a 19turn and the Pro4 Hara would be even better because it's more rigid. I thought I saw someone say that the hpi is better than the T2 if you're running 19 turn.