Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

worst crashes u have had?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst crashes u have had?

I was thinking.. Maby if you put some sort of sparkety in your exhaust, could you burn the extra nitro that gets pushed out? hehehe... 45+mph with flames shooting out the side....
Old 01-22-2003, 06:20 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Great story...I wish I was there to see that! Ha ha.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:46 PM

Just last night me and a friend were breaking in his new Ultra Lx Pro and on the second tank of gas used for the running break-in we were just going up and dow the street.. giving small throttle bursts... suddenly I understeered a U-turn and slammed into the curb, luckily the curb was just about 4 inches high and the car just bounced and went up onto the sidewalk... I turned to look at my friend with a "real sorry man" face and he didn't lookso pleased... so we went and checked the car... perfect... just a little scratch under the bumper... whew... got lucky there.. I mean the car had been out of its original box for only the better part of 1 hour... so of course he rips the control from my hand and starts driving the car himself still a little pissed off...then after about 2mins. he starts giving it more throttle burst and tries to do a little slide, he actually pulls it off but just at the end the back tire hits a crack in the road an the car is doing barrel rolls in the air and lands upside down with the engin reving at full rpm (rich mix) y just hit the floor laughing and almost pissed myself after we check that every thing was alright (just a little scrape on the tail and suspension towers but thats it) I yanked the control from him and told him off!!! jejejeje I know it was his car but if he breaks it we won't be able to play with it anymore!!!

He laughed.. and well we are still freinds....

ED.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:38 PM

lol nearly break the car and give hima sorry face but when he goes for brok u break down in laughter! just uncalled for but i like it and i woulda so HAHAHAHHA
Old 01-23-2003, 02:16 AM

hahahah
Old 01-23-2003, 04:04 AM

well i got bored tonight .. so decided to waste abit of MSN space and upload a few piccy's got my car on there .. take a view .. ooo and my new tattoo

http://uk.msnusers.com/RCcar/shoebox.msnw
Old 01-23-2003, 04:21 AM

Perhaps SUV' s are not "verboten" in England. Nice Car!
Old 01-23-2003, 01:55 PM

damn this post has sure got some attention .. love it nice 1 guys .. any more please add um .. is gettin interesting!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:01 PM

come on guys we have had 986 views and only 80 summit replies .. get to it post post post ... surely everyone has crashed in there RC time .. anythin big or small from a little dent to a big fat all round flipped up crash ! its good to get together and have a chat ... so get to it ladies and gents :stupid:
Old 01-23-2003, 02:26 PM

haha well when i first cranked up my new mt racer with a CX12 novarossi i made a small 1 foot jump to see how the car will handle it..

i was quite.. umm.. amazed at the power in a larger truck and went up the jump about 1 cm to much to the right..

it did a cart wheel.. but it was a REAL SLOW cartwheel..

it was funny.. no damage.. did about 4 rolles.

its still in mint condition and this truck seriously flies!!
fun fun
Old 01-23-2003, 03:00 PM

well this wasn't my car, but it wes one of the best i've seen. i was coner marshaling a b 1/8 buggy main and one of the cars lost a battery pack during a WOT run. it was a kyosho mp7.5 with a c5. the buggy wentt back and forth across the track as everyone tried to catch it. it did a flip at the far end of the track and made a high speed run twards the other side of the track, well it didn't hit much along the way back through so it was going quite fast when it hit a 3ft burm at full speed, the car few[ i kid you not] 20ft high, cleared 2 chain link fences 30ft apart and landed on all 4 wheels between a mercedes and a escalade in the parking lot.from the take off point to the landing was at least 60ft. well the jolt of the landing corrected the poor connection and the car just sat there idling with absolitly no damage. everyone kinda looked at each other with a moment of silence in the air. then a suden bust of laughter and did you see that?OMFG that was awsome.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:20 PM

lol i bet the bloke who was driving it was relived!
Old 01-23-2003, 03:53 PM

well mine wasnt much but i was goin like 30 and i hit a car with one wheel. it came off and my car kept going. i couldnt stop it and had to chase it until it hit the curb and stopped.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:54 PM

nice crashes guys

}{unter
Old 01-24-2003, 09:16 PM

BLOODY MORE PLEASE
Old 01-24-2003, 09:28 PM

wow BoMeX you really drew attention to this post man theres 5 pages lol. I never had a very bad wreck only small things happened to me.

}{unter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	49951_17578.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	29471  
Old 01-24-2003, 10:57 PM

Typical newbiew crash with a twist. I get my first RC car 2 months ago. Never even played with one as a kid. Ok here goes. I get home with the new HPI RS4 RTR 3 @5:30p and its dark. I go inside read all the junk, glue the tires, put my batteries in put the attena on. Well I break it in like the book says on a stand for a couple of tanks then low speeds. Well on my 5th tank I figure I can got WOT now so I do and about 40-50 feet away from me the car stops responding to my control. It hits a curb fly's 5 feet in the air the thud lands and the motor is stopped. What could have gone wrong brand new batteries only 40-50 feet away? Well when I said I installed the attena I just put the attena tube up couldnt find a wire so I was rolling with no attena up. The reason I did not lose control before is I was just going back and forth real close to me. Well thats my story and I'm an idiot.
By the way BoMex you make more confusion then you make sense. Do they teach punctuation or how to form a complete sentence in England? I know mine is not perfect but come on man.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:28 PM

I guess i'm just lucky. I've had mine since March last year and haven't broken a part yet. I've crashed, jumped off a ramp into a 55 gal drum, been runover by an 1/8 th scale and still no damage. How will I ever be able to explain to my wife why I need new and better parts when I can't break them first?
Old 01-24-2003, 11:55 PM

Ha Ha, that is a good point Reddogan! Yea, you will need to start breaking some more parts. I see what you mean.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:13 AM

humboldtblazer: nuffin wrong wiv my english or what ever im just simple!

and lol on the little car incident! im yet for that to happen!

}{unter: yup m8 thtas what i was aiming for .. some attention .. bring the forum abit closer together! its fun know about peeps diff experiances
Old 01-25-2003, 04:17 AM

well i fitted my new K&N when i got it .. and its was runing fine then all of a sudden i hear a loud noise ... hmm BOLLOX .. the K&N had poped off under pressure .. bastid i was just gettin to full speed then, luckily not busting my chasis. and ive superglued my old broken bumper back on YAY ..
Old 01-25-2003, 03:45 PM

Yea, when I had a K&N, It recently fell off alot on me also.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:57 PM

think ill superglue the git to the car lol
Old 01-25-2003, 07:21 PM

I almost had a HUGE accident yesterday...avoided by just a few inches.

Me and my friend wanted to try his 15SS in my car (I have a RS4 3 Type SS) because I have a 2 speed. So we went into a parking lot to try it. Damn that thing fast! Anyway it was goin about 40mph or so, still spinning its tires and it spun and then did a traction roll and flew into the air landing on its top and sliding about 20 feet on its top. We checked it out and other than some scratches on the body everything looks fine. We did miss one thing though, the antenna was sheared off! But we didn't catch that at the time. So we started it back up again and it was running good. We decided to see how fast it would go so we gave it full throttle, ok everything good. Then it lost reception (from the shortened antenna) and headed right into a fairly busy street. I could have sworn it was hit by a car but it must not of because it damages were not that much. It is about $60 in repairs but at least they were not anything major. The front bumper was cracked and all 4 body bosts broke off. I also have to get a new reciever. Also one of the rear tires fell off. At least it didn't get flattened!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:24 AM

I suffered my worst crash so far today. The crash didn't look that bad either. I was running my car in the back yard just to do some fine tuning with the mixture screws. Because I was making adjustments, I decided to leave the body off. The RC 10GT was running close to full speed when it went through a slight dip in the yard. The dip caused the truck to go airborne, and it filpped end over end about 3 times, coming to rest on its wheels. When I hit the throttle and it didn't move, I knew something was broke. Sure enough, the crash broke the rear shock tower, and snapped the mounting hole off one of the shock caps. The only thing that's ever happened before was during a very bad cartwheel, the rear stabilizer arm popped off its ball joint allowing one of the dog bones to go flying. I never found it. This is the first time I've actually broke something. Not a big deal, other than the down time will suck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.