Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tracking - straight line

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
nas556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking - straight line

I own a schumacher fusion and a cen ct4s. Can any one tell me how to adjust the wheel allignment so that both cars will travel in a straight line (the main point of buying these cars is their straight line speed and nothing much else)? All I have done is mess around with the nobs on the remote control but this has not fixed the problem. Yes, Yes, I know, if i built the car myself I would know how to solve the problem, but I don't! Pleae can some on help me???
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Tracking - straight line

I do not know how the Fusion and CT4 are build and designed, but I'll try to help you with what I think can be done. Check to see if the steering linkages have turnbuckles. If so, try to adjust the steering mechanically by turning these. Also, if these cars have toe adjustments, try to make the front wheels as straing as possible (i.e as perpendicular as possible to the front drive shaft axles when looking at the top of the cars). Fore the rear, try to adjust the toe in on each wheel to 3dgrees towards the car centerline.

Again, I do not own either of these cars and do not know if you can adjust these in this manner. I also do not know if the manual recommends such a set-up. If I were you, I would look on-line to Cen's and Schumacher's sites and download their manuals if you do not already have them.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Philster

front wheels: Slight 'toe out' will allow the cars to track straighter. Toe-in equals razor sharp response, but poor tracking. Toe out equals better tracking, but less touchy steering response.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Rs43EVOman

Well to set your steering straight. Adjust yoyr steering trim nob to cnter. then take off the servo horn, and try to gety it as center as possible. After screwing it back on you should only have to adjust the trim on your radio a miniscule amount for the car to be tracking straight